Muiríosa Foundation: Social Care Worker/Support Worker - Offaly Community Services
Valuing life, helping people build meaningful lifestyles.
We are seeking to recruit to the following position:
SOCIAL CARE WORKER/SUPPORT WORKER
OFFALY COMMUNITY SERVICES
Fixed Term Part Time (Approx. 6 months) 68 Hours Per Fortnight
Please quote the following reference on your application/email: OFBC035
John Conroy, Social Care Leader 087 9014371
Joe Creevy, Social Care Leader 087 9717400
Katie Bergin, Social Care Leader 087 2973077
We are seeking to recruit motivated, enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals to assist us in supporting individuals with autism and/or intellectual disability to realize their vision for a ‘good life’. The focus of the role will involve supporting the individuals to become connected within their local community, to provide opportunities for new experiences and to assist them in developing real and authentic relationships. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in supporting individuals to develop valued social roles and also have experience in supporting individuals who may display behaviours of concern.
- Relevant recognised Diploma in Social Care / Applied Social Studies in Social Care (Level 7 on National Framework of Qualifications), or, FETAC/QQI level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support/Health Service Skills, or equivalent;
- An ability to demonstrate flexibility and reliability;
- Willingness to work alone;
- High levels of motivation;
- Full current driving licence;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Commitment to working in close liaison with the Behaviour Support Team;
- Available for day, weekend, night duty and ‘sleep-over’ shifts;
- Experience in and commitment to promoting community presence;
- Have local knowledge and established connections with community groups in Tullamore, Co. Offaly and the surrounding areas;
- Experience of supporting adults with intellectual disabilities and/or autism;
- Experience of working with individuals with behaviours of concern;
- A proven ability to explore, discover, develop and implement a vision with each individual that supports person centredness;
- Excellent, interpersonal, organisational, logistical and IT skills;
To apply: Please complete an Application Form, Applications are available at www.muiriosa.ie, in addition please submit a copy of your qualification (submit documents by email to the recruitment officer as per the last page of the application or by post to The HR Dept, Moore Abbey, Monasterevin, Co Kildare).
If you are unable to download an application form please telephone 045 532249 during office hours.
Closing Date for receipt of completed applications: Friday 10th July 2020
The Muiríosa Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.