Good Shepherd Cork: Data and Systems Administrator (Part-Time)
Through trusting relationships we support women, children and families who are vulnerable to homelessness to live more empowered, fulfilled and self-sufficient lives.
Applications are sought for the part-time position of Data and Systems Administrator with Good Shepherd Cork (GSC).
GSC is an independent, Cork-based charity providing a range of residential and outreach services for women, children and families who are homeless or vulnerable to homelessness.
Due to the growth in the organisation and the implementation of a new CRM system we wish to recruit an experienced Information Technology professional to enable effective usage and optimum reporting from GSC’s online integrated database and provide support to GSC management and staff to use technology solutions across the organisation to achieve the aims of the charity. Key elements of the role will be to support GSC staff in the initial adoption of the database system, enable appropriate access to the system, support end-user queries, ensure high standards of data quality, monitor security and GDPR compliance, train and support staff to effectively utilise data from the system and to prepare, develop and analyse system reports.
This will be a part-time role (20 – 24 hours to be agreed) with considerable flexibility.
- Delivering database induction training for new users and refresher training for existing users
- Ensuring system security by managing access permissions for new or existing users and deleting leavers, as required
- Supporting end-user queries
- Monitoring and reporting on data quality and system usage
- Addressing errors/anomalies in data
- Preparing and developing database queries and system reports
- Analysing and interpreting data to inform quality service delivery
- Supporting users to produce/amend and understand database queries and reports
- Monitoring to ensure GSC data management is in line with GDPR requirements
- Staying up to-date with new features and functionality offered by Salesforce
- Conducting an annual system update and as appropriate activating any new features
- Working with GSC Managers and the GSC Data and Systems Implementation Group (DSIG) to ensure the data collected in the system meets the different services needs
- Providing front-line primary technical support to end-users for database related technical issues and problems that impact user experience and performance of hardware, software and peripherals liaising with (outsourced) IT provider as required.
- Co-ordinating GSC’s management of its IT Infrastructure
- A degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or related disciplines
- Strong conceptual understanding of data structures and CRM system configurations
- 2+ years of experience with CRM systems (preferably Salesforce)
- Excellent IT literacy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Excellent problem-solving, listening and questioning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to connect with system users in a wide variety of roles and with varied technical skills
- Highly organised, with ability to handle multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
- An interest in and commitment to the ethos and work of Good Shepherd Cork.
Applications for the position may be made by sending a CV with cover letter clearly demonstrating relevant experience and suitability for the role to Clare Maxwell at email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 15 July 2020
First round interviews are scheduled for Wednesday 29 July 2020