Muiríosa Foundation: Social Care Workers / Support Workers (Relief) - South Kildare & East Midlands Services
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Valuing life, helping people build meaningful lifestyles.
We are seeking to recruit to the following positions:
SOCIAL CARE WORKERS / SUPPORT WORKERS
SOUTH KILDARE AND EAST MIDLANDS SERVICES
RELIEF CONTRACTS (if and when required roster)
We are looking for Social Care Workers / Support Workers to support young adults with an intellectual disability in the community.
You will be responsible for providing direct support to individuals, building and supporting networks and relationships and exploring what a good life looks like.
Please quote the following job reference on your application/email: SKBC055
For informal enquiries please contact the following number: 087 202 7959
- Relevant recognised Diploma in Social Care / Applied Social Studies in Social Care (Level 7 on National Framework of Qualifications), or, FETAC/QQI level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support/Health Service Skills, or equivalent; or is willing to complete same;
- An ability to demonstrate flexibility and reliability is paramount to the role of a relief staff member;
- Willingness to work alone;
- High levels of motivation;
- Full current driving licence;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Available for day, weekend, night duty and ‘sleep-over’ shifts;
- Experience in and commitment to promoting community presence;
- Experience of supporting adults with intellectual disabilities and/or autism;
- Experience of working with individuals with behaviours of concern;
- A proven ability to explore, discover, develop and implement a vision with each individual that supports person centredness;
- Excellent, interpersonal, organisational, logistical and IT skills;
To apply: Please complete an Application Form, Applications are available at www.muiriosa.ie, submit application by email to the Recruitment Officer as per the last page of the application or by post to the Recruitment Officer, HR Dept, Moore Abbey, Monasterevin, Co Kildare.
If you are unable to download an application form please telephone 045 532249 during office hours.
Closing Date for receipt of completed applications FOR THIS competition: Wednesday 8th July 2020
Please note that for each position a panel may be formed.
The Muiríosa Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.