Tallaght Probation Project: General Manager – Deonach
Applications are invited for the role of General Manager in Deonach. The centre provides a range of services to clients in the area, including Flexible Learning & Support Programme (Access), Full-time Progression programme (TARGET), Community Service/Community Return activities, Brief Intervention Programmes, Young People’s Service (The Link), and a Women’s support programme, from purpose-built premises in Tallaght village. These services are provided to people who in the main are, or have been, involved in offending behaviour, to assist them in transitioning to safe, successful and fulfilling lives in their communities. In 2019 the centre, with a team of 16 Staff, 7 Tutors and a CE Scheme worker provided support to c.250 clients.
This is a key role within the organisation. The successful candidate will report to the Board in devising and developing appropriate supports and programmes to meet the diverse needs of clients, and ensure all administrative, budgetary, HR and governance issues are appropriately managed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years’ experience of leading a multi-disciplinary team
- A relevant 3rd level qualification (e.g. Management, Community Development, Social Science or Social Care, Youth Work, Education)
- A service ethos and a commitment to a culture of respect and putting the client at the centre of everything they do
- The ability to combine strategic vision with a practical hands-on approach to day to day management of all aspects of the operation
- A good understanding of the unique challenges within the community and voluntary sector
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
An exceptional individual is required, who combines strategic vision and a deep understanding of, and empathy with, the objectives of the programme with the ability to motivate and effectively lead the team. Previous experience in the voluntary or charitable sector would be an advantage but is not essential.
The role will be offered on a full-time, one-year contract basis initially, on a salary scale from €60,800 to €64,000 p.a. The starting point depends on qualifications and experience. Further information and a copy of the Candidate Information Pack is available from firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should in the first instance submit a cv (maximum 3 pages) and a covering letter outlining, in no more than 500 words, their suitability for the position. Applications should be addressed to the Chairperson, Deonach and submitted by post to Deonach, Courthouse Square, Westpark, Tallaght, Dublin, D24XR27 or sent by e-mail to: email@example.com to arrive no later than 5pm on Friday July 17th.
Applicants may be shortlisted. Interviews will take place the week of July 27th.