Society of Saint Vincent de Paul (Midwest): Information Support Officer
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Information Support Officer
Reference No: ISOMW0520
Location: Midwest Region
Duration: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Published: Tuesday 19th May 2020
Closing Date: 4pm Friday 5th June 2020
The prime purpose of this role is to work as part of the team in the Mid-West Regional Office by providing the point of contact for service users who contact the Society seeking assistance/information and treat those approaching the Society for help with dignity and respect in accordance with quality visitation guidelines.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Post Holder should be educated to Leaving Certificate level, however an office administration/ secretarial or computer course would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of the Society and of its mission and values
- Knowledge of and empathy for the needs and issues of the poor and disadvantaged
- At least two years’ experience in providing varied administrative support in an office environment.
- One year’s experience of handling a diverse range of callers – both in-person and by telephone.
- Experience in using various IT systems MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint, CRM Database
- Experience of working within a busy information environment is desirable.
- Knowledge of the geography of the Mid Wests Region
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills, initiative, and ownership of the role
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work well under pressure,
- Resilient when dealing with difficult and complex cases
- Proficient in IT – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, experience with a CRM database is desirable
- An ability to display empathy, patience, and a well-developed sense of humour.
- Ability to be flexible in approach and towards the role.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
If you have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please go to www.svp.ie/Jobs for details on how to apply, including full job description and application form. You can apply online directly at www.svp.ie/jobs or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer