Depaul: Case Management Worker - Migrant Homeless Action Team
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership with central and local government, housing associations and other non-governmental organisations.
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a standard 35 hour working week, generous leave entitlements and a pension scheme. We support all staff with regular supervision and core training.
Depaul wishes to recruit for the following role:
Case Management Worker
To work as part of our Migrant Homeless Action Team
Fixed Term Contract
Full Time, 35 Hours per week
Migrant Homeless Action Team
Depaul Migrant Homeless Action Team supports single individuals and families from different nationalities, who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in Dublin. Originally set up following the reconfiguration of homeless services in March 2012, the team has evolved into a service focusing on migrant resettlement and community integration. The successful candidate will work as a part of the Migrant Homeless Action Team, providing case management support for Non-Irish Nationals, at risk of homelessness and/or in homeless services, to help them access services they need to address their housing needs.
KEY TASKS TO INCLUDE;
- To work directly with service users, to achieve the best outcomes, using the Depaul Support Toolkit and be able to access other relevant wraparound services needed for client’s progression.
- To develop and maintain robust, effective working relationships with other agencies, using an interagency approach.
- To advocate and empower clients to overcome various barriers they encounter, liaise with teams from various services, support clients to maintain their present accommodation
- To ensure that all clients information are recorded and stored as required (OTIS data base/other records) and in line with Data Protection regulations and Depaul’s Confidentiality Policy.
- To support the managers in reviewing the delivery of the service in light of the agreed Depaul Key Performance Indicators and the requirements of external funders.
- To participate fully in meetings within in Depaul and with external services, with the direction and support of the Line Manager.
- To work creatively and exercise initiative to help the service meet its core objectives and ensure service user’s needs are met.
- To work with the manager to develop the team to ensure its effectiveness in delivering agreed outcomes.
- To adhere fully to the Health & Safety Responsibilities
- To adhere fully to Organisational Risk Management Procedures, especially in relation to assessing risk and to lone working.
- To ensure Depaul meets its strategic objectives, as detailed in the Service Delivery Plan for the service.
- To at all times undertake the role in a professional manner, always working in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of the Depaul.
- To participate fully in meetings within Depaul and with external services, under the direction and support of the Line Manager.
- To participate fully in the supervision structure (including Induction and Progress reviews, monthly supervisions, JARs).
- To participate fully in all training, as required by the Organisation.
- To adhere to all Depaul Human Resources Policies and Procedures, especially in regard to Professional Boundaries, Confidentiality & the Code of Conduct,
- To contribute to the effective implementation of the Depaul’s Equal Opportunities Policy as it affects both the organisation and its work with service users.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required which are commensurate with the role.
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles is required from time to time.
- Social Studies /Case Management Accredited Qualification
- DCU Certificate in homelessness prevention and intervention (Desirable)
- At least one year of working, as a case manager with service users with complex needs and co-ordinating support plans for service users. (Essential)
- At least one year of regular use of IT systems with a good proficiency in Excel & Word (essential)
- At least one year work experience of using Cloud applications, such as Salesforce (Desirable)
- Experience of working in liaison with other agencies within the voluntary and statutory sectors (essential)
- A clear understanding of the case management approach (essential)
- Experience in outreach or tenancy sustainment capacity (desirable)
- Experience in working with families (desirable)
- Work experience of working directly with people from different nationalities (desirable)
- Good knowledge about the immigration system, legislation and nationality matters in Ireland
- An understanding of the Housing Led/First Strategy and familiarity with the Pathways to Home Strategy of the DHRE
- Knowledge and understanding of Depaul vision mission and values.
Online Application Procedure:
Please apply though our on line application process on the vacancies page of our website
For more information, please contact Human Resources:
Tel: 00 353 1 453 7111 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications: Wednesday 3rd June 2020 at 9am
Panels will be formed from which future vacancies may be filled