L’Arche Dublin: Care Assistant (Relief Panel)
Relief / Casual Care Assistant
What is L’Arche?
We are people with and without intellectual disabilities, sharing life in communities of faith. Mutual relationships and trust in God are at the heart of our life together. We celebrate the unique value of every person and recognise our need for one another.
We are recruiting for the position of Care Assistant (Relief Panel) that will provide additional cover in one of our three residential homes in Baldoyle, North Dublin. L’Arche Dublin provides residential support within the context of a life sharing community for adults with intellectual disabilities in L’Arche Dublin (Baldoyle, North Dublin). The successful candidates must be committed to providing the highest standard of services in support of adults to live satisfying, fulfilling and interesting lives. The role will involve shift work, some weekends and require a high level of flexibility to reflect the needs of the residents.
The successful candidate will:
- Take an active part in the life of the L’Arche Dublin community.
- Be educated (at least) to Health Care Assistant QQI Level 5.
- Be able to work as part of a larger Care Team.
- Participate in the day to day responsibility for the delivery of the highest standards of care to core members (residents).
- To ensure that the physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of the core members are identified and that the strategies and care plans in place are adhered to.
- That the dignity, humanity, and value of each core member is a permanent feature of all practices.
- To work with the other L’Arche communities in Ireland on common issues as required.
Key components of this role are to work with the core members, the management team and the team of Assistants to enhance and develop the care of the core members in line with best practise and the regulatory framework.
This will involve continual improvement and development of the person-centred planning in L’Arche Dublin. The above description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements of our needs at any time. The full job description and person specification below should be consulted.
Rate €13.33 per hour
If you believe you have the necessary enthusiasm, competencies and experience to bring to this role, please forward your letter of application along with your Curriculum Vitae by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal enquiries to Peter Shiels –086 2395811
Closing Date: Friday 19th June 2020
Short listing will apply.
We do not require the assistance of Recruitment Agencies at this time.