Dyspraxia DCD Ireland: Chief Executive Officer
Dyspraxia DCD Ireland
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Based at: Carmichael Centre, Carmichael House, North Brunswick Street, Dublin 7
Reports to: Chairperson of the Board of the Dyspraxia Association of Ireland
Dyspraxia DCD Ireland (the Organisation) is focussed on the advancement of awareness and knowledge of dyspraxia/DCD in all aspects of Irish society including education, health and employment.
We are looking for an ambitious and strategic leader to help bring the Organisation to the next level of development and growth. Candidates will have an understanding of the charity sector and a strong commitment to the goals of the Organisation in order to deliver the right combination of strategic insight and a hands on approach.
The role requires strategic thinking as well as an ability to drive the operational performance of the Organisation. Working with a small team, the role requires a flexible and ‘can do’ attitude.
You will develop strategies to amplify the advocacy work of Dyspraxia DCD Ireland, deliver projects consistent with the objectives of the Organisation and drive fundraising initiatives to support the Organisation. This role will work closely with the Board of Dyspraxia DCD Ireland.
You will have experience in leading small and agile organisations. You will be able to demonstrate excellent understanding of the power of advocacy, communication and fundraising initiatives.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the Organization
- Work with the Board to develop and implement an annual plan which enables the delivery of the strategic plan of the Organization
- Ensure that rigorous and effective processes are in place to meet and monitor strategic objectives and provide regular reports to Board on the progress of strategic plans.
- Provide outstanding leadership and people management to office staff, consultants and volunteers.
- Promote the Organisation and its work with key stakeholders to develop and maintain effective networks ensuring the furtherance of its aims.
- Ensure compliance with all governance and regulatory compliance requirements particularly as required by the Charities Regulator
- Identify and secure funding to support the delivery of the strategic plan and maximise income including the development of fundraising initiatives.
- Develop and implement open and transparent financial controls, systems and reporting mechanisms in line with statutory, funder requirements and the internal rules of the organisation. Ensure application of agreed financial controls in all expenditure.
- Develop and monitor annual budgets
- Support existing volunteer and branch/support group co-ordinators through the development and provision of materials and training
- Manage effectively volunteer and branch/support group to ensure all compliance and management policies are in place and monitored.
- Evaluate and develop the effectiveness of volunteer and branch/support group meeting the objectives of the Organisation.
Advocacy and Communication
- Be a passionate advocate, acting as a spokesperson on behalf of the Organisation and establish appropriate linkages with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop an advocacy and action plan to drive awareness in the national education system with the aim of institutionalizing teacher training on dyspraxia/DCD.
- Develop a clear annual communication plan to raise awareness of dyspraxia across all media and via training and education initiatives.
Please send CV and cover letters to the attention of Ann Marie Galvin (Chair)