ALONE Services: Services Coordinator Roles - Munster
Services Coordinator Roles– ALONE Services
ALONE support older people to age at home. We provide direct, frontline services to people aged 60 and over, through support coordination, befriending and support, housing with support, co-living, and the application of assistive technology. We have more than 1,200 volunteers and 140 plus homes for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. We have been awarded Quality Marks from Volunteer Ireland, the ISO, the Charities Regulator and the Housing Regulatory Standard.
You will hold responsibility for managing a comprehensive caseload to support and advocate for services for older people in and across all care settings, to enable and empower older people to age well at home. This role will focus on ALONE’s Support Coordination, Social Prescribing, Befriending and Support, Shared Living, and Housing with Support Services and Volunteer recruitment, training and support. Much of the time is spent outside the office, as the majority of this job is mobile working, and planning your own days.
- Manage and lead the response to complex cases including, but not limited to, issues regarding emotional wellbeing, housing issues, health difficulties and vulnerable persons at risk of abuse.
- Carry out comprehensive assessments (in person or by phone) with older people to ensure that all aspects of the older person’s needs are identified, supported and resolved and that any risks are mitigated.
- Advocate for the needs of Older People across a range of stakeholders
- Recruit, train and support volunteers, volunteer leaders to work safely and to develop a mutually beneficial relationship with older people availing of our services.
- Build strong referral relationships with statutory and non-statutory agencies across Area F.
- Maintain necessary confidentiality relating to the work of the service and regarding older people, staff and partner organisations and in line with guidance in the use of the ALONE Management Information System (MIS) and data protection policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain referral pathways to ALONE’s Support Coordination services.
- You may be required to undertake additional duties or tasks as required.
During the COVID-19 response your role will also involve when required:
- Providing advice, reassurance and up to date information on COVID-19 as instructed by HSE through the National Support Line
- Linking OP to ALONE’s Telephone Befriending for all OP experiencing social isolation
- Coordinating Practical Supports such as food, fuel and medication to Older People into their homes
- Coordinating and matching volunteers to deliver these practical supports
- Liaising with statutory and non-statutory groups who refer OP for supports
- Linking all OP with ALONE support staff where any additional needs will be addressed
During this time, you will also be setting up ALONE Service Model in your allocated area
During the COVID-19 response you will work remotely most of the time and you will be provided with tools to enable you to do this.
Skills and Background
- Self-motivated person who is committed to ALONE’s mission is essential.
- Able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion and respect is essential.
- High level communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to network and negotiate effectively with individuals, groups and stakeholders, is essential.
- Previous experience in social care settings is desirable.
- Good computer literacy, with experience of using case management systems is desirable.
- Excellent organisational skills, report writing, solution focused skills and multi-tasking skills are desirable.
General Requirements for all ALONE staff:
- Work to enable older people to remain at home with quality of life and independence.
- Work professionally and confidentially and in line with ALONE’s rights and evidence based approach.
- Keep all records, data and reports up-to-date and make these available upon request.
- Participate in the development and implementation of all Quality Management System documents. Participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing information as appropriate.
- Locations – Cork, Limerick and Kerry (please specify which location you are applying for)
- This role is 35 hours per week and these hours may be required to be worked in a variety of flexible patterns, e.g. 5 over 7 days, compressed hours or other flexible working patterns as the needs of our services users require.
- Regular travel and remote working is required with this role with flexible working arrangements to facilitate this.
- Induction and training will be carried out on commencement in Dublin 8 which will currently be done remotely.
- The salary scale offered for this position is €27,000 to €34,000 depending on experience with an excellent working environment.
Please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter stating what interests you about working with Alone, the role and your availability to email@example.com.
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Our core values are Compassion, Honesty, Effectiveness and Innovation