Gheel Autism Services: Social Care Worker / Autism Practitioner x 2 (Day Services & Residential)
In Gheel, we focus on supporting individuals with autism through their life journey and enabling them to have fulfilling life experiences, while having autonomy and control over their choices and decisions. Gheel Autism Services provides a wide range of services for adults with autism including day and vocational opportunities, outreach support and a variety of supported living options. Across our services we consider how each person thinks, learns and processes information to develop a personalised plan of support. Considering individuals strengths and motivations, we enable people to obtain outcomes which are meaningful to them. Our committed practitioners receive regular training and they are equipped with the knowledge and skills to enable each individual to have positive and meaningful life experiences. All staff are involved in changing the culture of supporting people into a more inclusive, independence focused style of support – where people are encouraged to be partners in, not recipients of, their service delivery.
- Access to Health Insurance
- Access to Educational Support Scheme
- Company pension with company contribution (including income protection and death-in-service benefits)
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Free Parking
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Up to 27 days Annual leave
- Bike to Work scheme
- Training and development (CPD)
- Option to join the Health Service credit union
Due to the on-going expansion of our service we currently have the following full-time and part-time vacancies.
Day Service Vacancies
Social Care Worker / Autism Practitioner - Day Services – Permanent (1.00 WTE) – North Dublin
Gheel Autism Services provides day opportunities across North and South Dublin. These allows us to offer unique and personalised services which are based on the choices, needs and aspirations of the individual. Our day services are in the process of working towards a New Directions model of service delivery. This is also to suit the individual sensory and support needs of adults with autism. Day Opportunity Services provide a tailored style of support in local communities. Practitioners support and promote development of independent living skills, education and employment possibilities and social and leisure groups. The Hives are spread across locations in North Dublin. The successful candidate will be required to work across all locations on a roster basis.
Applicants must have full, clean driving licence. The Day Services operate on daytime hours Monday to Friday - annual increments are included.
Social Care Worker / Autism Practitioner – Residential - Permanent Part Time (0.5 WTE), Dublin 7
Gheel Autism Services provides supported living services across Dublin. With this type of support the emphasis is on the development of skills for independent living, recognising individual goals and aspirations and enabling people to be active participants in their local community. The support is provided in line with the individual needs and choices of the person, based on assessment of social, personal and healthcare needs. Staff have the opportunity to work on skill development in context, building capacity for independence in community and social networks. In addition, we enable adults to develop essential everyday skills such as: money management, self-care, laundry, general housekeeping and cooking skills.
A full, clean driving licence is required for these positions.
Essential Qualifications for Social Care Worker/ Autism Practitioner post:
- Level 7 award in Social Care/Studies delivered by an Institute of Technology, DIT or National University of Ireland.
- A relevant qualification received outside the State recognised by NARIC as equivalent to the Irish Level 7 award or
- Relevant third level qualification at degree level i.e. social work, psychology, and/or allied health or
- Post-graduate qualification in Autism Studies
Essential Criteria for this post:
- At least one-year recent experience in the social care/disability sector
- Experience of supporting individuals with a diagnosis of ASD and knowledge of Autism
- Ability to promote independence – supporting others to learn how – not doing it for them.
- An understanding of the New Directions Model of Service Delivery.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Successful candidates will be paid in line with 2016 HSE revised consolidated Social Care Worker pay scale point 1; €30,293 – point 12; € 44,306 per annum based on working a 39-hour week.
To apply for this position please send your C.V to email@example.com. Please write Position A or Position B in the subject line of the email. Applicants will be shortlisted for interview based on the evidence outlined in their C.V.
The closing date for receipt of all completed applications is Friday, 10th of April @ 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted. A panel may be formed from which future vacancies arising over the next six months may be filled.
Garda vetting is a requirement of the recruitment process.