Missionary Sisters of the Holy Rosary: Home Carer x 2 (Full-Time & Part-Time)
Missionary Sisters of the Holy Rosary
The Missionary Sisters of the Holy Rosary Brookville, Artane, is an assisted living environment providing care and support to retired sisters returned from the missions.
Home Carer: Permanent Full Time
And Home Carer Permanent Part Time
Job Location: Missionary Sisters of the Holy Rosary
Position: Home Carer Permanent Full Time and Permanent Part Time
Job Description for Home Carer at MSHR
Purpose of the Carer Role: The role of the Carer is to support the sisters to live valued lives in a supported living setting. To facilitate optimal independence and participation in activities within their home and community.
Duties and Responsibilities Required of the Home Carer:
- To provide high quality care and support to all of the sisters.
- Provide personal care, general bedroom maintenance and attend to the needs of the sisters.
- Maintain daily individual personal care records of each sister being cared for and make available to other carers as appropriate.
- Assist and support with medication distribution
- Provide companionship and contribute to the social needs of the individual sisters, mindful of their routines and interests and help them maintain a quality of life.
- Drive and accompany sisters on appointments, errands and social outings as needed.
- Maintain the security and safety of the individual sisters in your care at all times.
- Work as a member of the team and attend team meetings as needed.
- Attend regular supervision and performance review with the Supervisor.
- Attend to light housekeeping duties as needed.
- Attend training, learning and development courses as needed.
A successful candidate will need the following skills, competencies and qualifications to meet the ever-growing demands of the role:
- Applicants should preferably have previous care-work experience, preferably within a Residential Healthcare setting.
- Minimum of a Fetac Level 5.
- Enthusiastic, Flexible, adaptable, diplomatic, and open to change.
- A good Team Player
- Good inter-personal and communication skills
- Have a full current clean driving licence.
Hours of Work:
- As outlined in the contract.
Successful Candidates Subject to Garda Vetting and 6 months probation.
Names of two referees required.
Please send CV and Cover-letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org