Society of Saint Vincent de Paul - Laurel Lodge: Locum Support Worker x 2
Locum Support Worker x 2 Contract of Indefinite Duration
Reference No: LSWLL0320
Location: Laurel Lodge, Ennis, Co. Clare (Mid-West Region)
Duration: Contract of Indefinite Duration
Hours: Variable (casual work). Various shift patterns.
Published: 20 March 2020
Closing Date: 4PM Friday 03 April 2020
The purpose of the post is to provide cover in a short-term relief capacity (day or night shifts) in emergency situations and for periods of leave to assist the Service in providing safe secure accommodation and support to homeless men and an efficient and high-quality service to the client group.
The post holder will be based in Laurel Lodge Hostel, Ennis, Co. Clare. In addition to providing emergency accommodation and supporting the men, the service also provides a number of independent living units, and preventative, resettlement and tenancy sustainment services.
The ideal candidate will possess the following;
- A good standard of education is essential for this position.
- BA in Social Care (NFQ Level 7) is desirable for this position.
- FETAC Level 5 healthcare qualification or training in healthcare would be a distinct advantage.
- To have an understanding of the needs of homeless men.
- Knowledge of legislation relating to Homelessness.
- Knowledge and understanding around addiction and mental health issues.
- At least one-year experience of working in a paid or voluntary capacity in a social care context.
- Experience on a homeless sector service would be a distinct advantage.
- Active listening skills.
- Non-judgemental attitude.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with volunteers.
- The ability to work within professional boundaries.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written are essential.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent report writing and record keeping skills.
- Proficient IT skills including MS Word and experience with a database.
If you have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please go to www.svp.ie/Jobs for details on how to apply, including full job description and application form. You can apply online directly at www.svp.ie/jobs or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer