Spraoi agus Spórt Family Centre: Manager
Job title Manager (FULL TIME)
Service Spraoi agus Spórt Family Centre Limited.
Reports to Chief Executive Officer
Spraoi agus Spórt, established in November 2010, is a multi-award-winning Social Enterprise based in Carndonagh, Inishowen, Co. Donegal providing best in class social, recreational and educational activities for the community which are inclusive, affordable and aligned to the needs of the community.
Spraoi agus Spórt has grown and developed over the years because of the hard work of its Board, staff, volunteers, the support it has received from the families who use our centre, the community and the other organisations which support us.
Today we provide more than 700 places weekly on over 60 classes.
Reporting directly to the CEO, The Manager will be responsible for the efficient running of Spraoi agus Spórt on a day to day basis. You will provide an appropriate environment to ensure that all our staff and user needs are being met. You will lead a team and have direct management responsibility for staff members, tutors, facilitators, interns, volunteers, etc., and have a positive working relationship with the board. You will be expected to develop and maintain partnerships with service users and outside agencies.
This role is an exciting opportunity to become involved in the Community & Voluntary sector. This role is funded through Pobal under the Community Services Programme.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Welfare & Development of our Service Users
- Responsible for ensuring that Spraoi agus Spórt is managed with the overall safety, welfare and holistic needs of the users in mind.
- Work directly with users accessing the service.
- Ensure that the Children First Guidelines are being followed in relation to child protection concerns.
- Ensure all classes and activities are running smoothly.
- Ensure that all actions are implemented to ensure compliance with child protection regulations.
- Ensure that the principle of confidentiality is fully observed in relation to any personal details regarding children, service users, etc.
- Ensure that our classes are inclusive and accessible for all users.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the management.
Leadership & Management
- Lead the development of a high performing team.
- Ensure that our mission statement and vision are always evident across the whole organisation and adhered to.
- Responsible for induction and management of all staff members, tutors, facilitators, interns, volunteers, etc.,
- Responsible for all staff training and annual performance reviews.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are fully adhered to.
- Ensure that all Garda Vetting is carried out.
- Review, update and further develop policies and procedures in conjunction with management and staff annually and more often if required.
- Organise staff weekly rota / Manage annual leave requests.
- The Manager must demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development – attending training, events, seminars, etc. at the request of management and by their own initiative.
- Liaise with other relevant agencies regarding CPD and ongoing training.
- Responsible for working with the CEO and Board to implement the Strategic Plan 2020-2023.
Business & Finance
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure all records and files are kept up to date, fulfilling the requirements of legislation, inspection teams, etc.
- Work with the Finance Manager to prepare and submit all funding reports and returns.
- Prepare quarterly returns to Pobal.
- Responsible for Board meeting minutes being typed up and filed.
- Work with all staff in the preparation of the Action Plan & Annual Report.
- Work with the Finance Manager to prepare financial reports regarding the projected and actual income and expenditure of Spraoi agus Spórt.
- Work with the Finance Manager to prepare and present reports to the CEO monthly regarding the projected and actual performance of the organisation.
- Work with the Finance Manager and the Accountant to prepare end of year returns and all the information for the Audited Accounts.
- Ensure the delivery of outputs and KPI’s
Sales & Marketing
- Responsible for continuous improvement of existing services and programmes.
- Responsible for researching and implementing new services and programmes so that Spraoi agus Spórt remains relevant within the local community.
- Responsible for sales & marketing of all services and activities, both digital and offline.
- Responsible for social media platform advertising/insights.
- Responsible for development of several existing and new business ideas which include
- FabLab – a digital technology centre
- Shared Office Space (hot desk)
- Community Cookery School
- Children’s & Young People Book Festival
- Outdoor Sensory Play Area
- Charity Shop
- Dedicated Youth Space for Teenagers to incorporate a Changing Places facility
- Co-Work Plus – rural co-working space
- Rolling out the Spraoi agus Spórt model to other locations
- Ensure users are fully informed and involved in the service as much as possible.
- Ensure daily / weekly meetings are carried out with staff members, tutors, facilitators, interns, volunteers, etc.
- Ensure all leads, requests for information are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Keep up to date with everything that is going on in the local community.
- Ensure efficient and effective communication with parents, agencies, funders, management committee, etc., is on-going.
- Meet with the CEO once a month.
- Understand that the Board is the employer and that they can dictate basic policies, rules, fees etc.
- Refer to/liaise with relevant agencies for additional support and to access training for all staff members.
Health & Safety
- Ensure all staff training is kept up to date.
- Ensure that the service is operating to the standard and above of the HSE Regulations.
- Ensure that the first aid box is always fully stocked and accessible.
- Ensure that fire drills are regularly carried out.
- Be aware of the Health and Safety at Work Act, the Safety Statement and its contents.
- Record any incidents/accidents that happen in the setting.
- Ensure that management is informed of possible health and safety concerns for them to rectify.
- Ensure that first aid certificates are kept up to date.
- Ensure fire escapes are always kept clear.
This role requires an experienced business & people leader with strong communication skills.
You do what is required to get the job done in a timely manner. You are excited by the work. You pay attention to the small detail, are sociable, a team player and always willing to help. You think outside the box. You like working in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment and embrace change. You have a passion for working with people and creating initiatives.
Desired skills and experience
- At least 5 years’ experience gained as a Manager in a busy environment.
- A third level Business, Finance or Project Management qualification is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, written & oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills with a continuous improvement focus.
- Able to work in conjunction with stakeholders; board of directors, funding organisations, co-workers and the wider community to develop the organisation.
- The ability to work on one’s own initiative while also being a good team player.
- Ability to work effectively under time and delivery pressures.
- Must be highly organised, forward thinking and strategy driven.
- Capacity to organise events and training.
- Possess cultural & community awareness and sensitivity.
- Possess an excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Be self-motivated.
- Flexible working including evenings and weekends for meetings and events.
- Own transport essential.
To Apply: Please email email@example.com with a CV and Cover Letter.