Society of Saint Vincent de Paul - St. Vincent’s Hostel: Night Shift Attendant
Night Shift Attendant x 1
Reference No: NSASTV0320
Location: St. Vincent’s Hostel, Anglesea Terrace, Cork City
Duration: Full Time (Fixed Term 1 Year)
Hours: 39 hours per week
Published: 16 March 2020
Closing Date: 4PM Monday 13 April 2020
The purpose of these roles is to;
Have overall responsibility for the Service during the night, ensuring all Health and Safety standards are maintained and the needs of the residents are met.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A good standard of education is essential for this position. FETAC Level 5 (or higher) healthcare qualification, or training in healthcare would be a distinct advantage. A B.A. in Social Care (NFQ Level 7) or higher is desirable for this position
- To have an understanding of the needs of homeless men.
- A satisfactory knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the post.
- To have an understanding of Health and Safety issues.
- Knowledge and understanding around addiction and mental health issues.
- At least one-year experience of working in a similar role, in a paid or voluntary capacity in a social care context would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in a homeless sector service would be a distinct advantage.
- An ability to respect the residents.
- The ability to maintain professional boundaries.
- The ability to work as part of a team, and on own initiative where required.
- Ability to fulfil administrative duties.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word and experience with a database.
If you have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please go to www.svp.ie/Jobs for details on how to apply, including full job description and application form. You can apply online directly at www.svp.ie/jobs or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer