CASP Community Substance Misuse Team: Team Leader
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Applications are invited for the following position:
Team Leader, CASP Community Substance Misuse Team Based in Limerick City
The successful candidate will need to:
- Hold a recognized third level qualification in Addiction, Social/Health, Care/Community Development.
- Have a minimum of 3 years post qualification work experience in the areas of Substance Misuse and related issues, Community Development, Health & Social Care, or related fields.
- Have a working knowledge of Statutory, Community and Voluntary organisations working practices and effective inter-agency work.
- Have a working knowledge of related legislative and governing strategic objectives in relation to substance misuse and services for under 18s
- Have ability to work independently or on own initiative
- Evidence of flexibility in working within multi-disciplinary and multi-sectoral team’s.
- Experience of a supervisory role
- Show a commitment to community development principles
- Excellent interpersonal and group work skills
- Experience and evidence of managing a budget
- Knowledge of evidence based practices including ACRA, SFP, 5 Step Model in working with adolescents and family members
- Excellent IT Skills
The post holder will be required to,
- To produce regular progress reports for the Project Manager/Management Committee
- Ensure that all work done complies with both organisational and statutory health and safety regulations and legislation.
- To establish and maintain a good working relationship with other agencies
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills
- To work with team to produce set targets and outcomes as agreed with the Mid Western Regional Drug and Alcohol Forum and the HSE and in line with CASP/CSMT policies and procedures
- A high degree of initiative and ability to work on their own or as part of a team
- Engage with community groups and family focussed services within the community through mutually appropriate forums
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage, lead, and motivate multidisciplinary staff in a challenging environment.
- Ability to develop, plan, monitor and evaluate services and resources to ensure the provision of a holistic care package to meet the needs of service users.
- Will have integrity and flexibility in response to the needs of service users.
- Management experience a distinct advantage
- Hold a full clean Drivers Licence.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- The team leader will be responsible for the day –to- day running of the Service and will report to Project Manager.
- Interact with Project Manager in identifying, developing, supporting, and influencing initiatives that impact effectively on service users.
- Manage the service in line with organisation’s policy and procedures and accepted best practice to ensure that a high quality service is provided at all times.
- Networking and representing the organisation on a variety of levels.
- Liaising with HSE and other voluntary, statutory agencies.
- Convene regular Team Meetings for information sharing, planning, review and evaluation.
- Supervise and support staff team in the provision of high quality services to users, and to monitor and evaluate on an on-going basis.
- Prepare and submit annual Service Plan to the agencies providing funding for the service.
- Manage, monitor and evaluate all expenditure in relation to Project Actions in conjunction with administrator and Project Manager
- Identification of potential development issues within the service.
- Ensure that issues relating to Health and Safety of staff and service users are promptly addressed in an appropriate manner.
This is a full time post with some occasional evening and weekend work required.
This post is offered on a one year contract and is subject to funding. A 6 month probationary period is standard.
Garda vetting process for post holder is required.
A panel may be formed from which all future vacancies will be filled.
If you wish to apply, please send a copy of your CV plus a covering letter stating how you meet the job requirements to: email@example.com and reference CSMT Team Leader Post.
- Funded through the HSE by the Mid-West Regional Drugs Task Force
- Interviews will be held on Monday 6 April in Limerick