LGBT Ireland: Administrative Officer
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
LGBT Ireland is a national organisation which provides quality support services to Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans (LGBT+) people across the country. Informed by the issues and experiences raised through our frontline services we also provide training and advocacy supports to enhance the visibility, inclusion and rights of LGBT people in Irish society.
To enhance the capacity of LGBT Ireland to deliver on its vital work, we are inviting applications for a fulltime Administrative Officer.
Purpose of this Post:
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to support the day-to-day operations of LGBT Ireland. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a small, dynamic team which has a strong focus of support and development for all team members. It is expected that the successful candidate is efficient, flexible and will work closely with the LGBT Ireland team in supporting ongoing operations as well as a number of events and special projects.
The key roles and responsibilities of the Administrative officer will include:
- Providing administrative support to the CEO including the organisation and coordination of meetings.
- Providing administrative support for events, courses and conferences.
- Monitoring and responding to incoming communications.
- Drafting of high-quality reports and presentations when required.
- Handling all payroll and accounting activities.
- Supporting the recruitment and vetting of volunteers.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the office including developing, reviewing, and improving administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
- Supporting the promotional activities of the organisation.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in the following essential requirements for the role:
- At least 5 years of experience in similar administration role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, specifically).
- Strong organisation skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to take direction and work collaboratively
The ideal candidate is likely to also have the following desirable qualities:
- Accounting technician qualification.
- Understanding of LGBT+ issues.
How to Apply:
To apply please email a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 23rd March 2020.
Interviews will take place on Monday 30th March 2020.
For more information about this role or to find out more about LGBT Ireland please email firstname.lastname@example.org