Depaul: Financial Accountant (Permanent)
Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership with central and local government, housing associations and other non-governmental organisations.
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a standard 35 hour working week, generous leave entitlements and a pension scheme. We support all staff with regular supervision and core training.
Depaul wishes to recruit to the following role:
35 hours per week
Permanent Full- Time
Based in our Head Office in Dublin City Centre on a hybrid model
Salary €42,946.00per annum
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to provide support to our organisation’s Finance Team in Dublin. Depaul is a values-led organisation working with a number of services throughout Dublin and Belfast. This role will report directly to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for monthly management accounts and input into other financial report and associated commentary for Depaul Housing. This is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse team of talented individuals.
2. Key Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare monthly management accounts and input into other financial report and associated commentary for Depaul Housing
- Perform variance analysis and commentary on same
- Assist in monitoring capital development programmes against budgets and assist with ensuring adequate financial resources are available as and when required.
- Operate safeguarding controls around funding and fixed asset accounting, including maintenance of registers (Assets & Liabilities)
- Maintain depreciation schedule for properties in line with policy
- Maintain sinking fund analysis in conjunction with the Finance Manager NI & DH
- Analysis and processing of all income
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Process supplier payments to ensure timely and accurate control over payments
- Maintain financial systems including the general ledger and all related inputs
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Assist in the delivery of any efficiency reviews and regulatory reports as and when required
- Prepare any relevant VAT returns and other taxes (LPT/RCT)
- Assist in the day to day running of other Finance activities
- Undertake ad hoc assignments as part of the Depaul Ireland Finance Team
- Assist in the procurement and tendering requirements e.g. day-to-day and cyclical maintenance programmes
- Approve the ordering of goods and services within approved limits
- Control spend and build a culture of cost management
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles is required from time to time.
3. Person Requirements.
- Full or Part qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in related environment, including preparation of management accounts, managing creditors ledge, payroll, reconciliations
- Ability to balance multiple competing work demands, working to tight deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- IT skills especially Excel
- Experience in Approved Housing Body environment
- Experience with Sage Accounting and Payroll software packages
Advanced Excel skills
Online Application Procedure:
Please apply though our on line application process on the vacancies page of our website
For more information, please contact Human Resources:
Tel: 00 353 1 453 7111 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications: 22nd February 2024
Panels will be formed from which future vacancies may be filled
WHY WORK FOR US?
Depaul is a cross border charity supporting some of the most marginalised individuals, couples and families experiencing homelessness. Our mission is to end homelessness and change the lives of those affected by it. Would you like to help us to meet our mission? We are a values led organisation and aim, at all times, to live and breathe these values in our everyday work. Our values are based on four key principles:
- We celebrate the potential of people
- We put our words into action
- We aim to take a wider role in civil society
- We believe in rights and responsibilities
If you choose to work for Depaul we offer:
- Up to 3 years' service: 25 days per year
- 3 years' up to 5 years' service: 27 days per year
- Over 5 years' service: 30 working days per year
(Exclusive of bank and statutory holidays)
- Matched by the employer
- Each staff member gets access to a health cash plan so you can claim money back, up to set limits, on a number of treatments. this includes dental, optical, acupuncture and many more. Your children under 16 are also included on the plan.
- Four times salary
Maternity /Adoptive Leave
- 18 weeks full pay
- 2 weeks full pay
- Entitlement to sick pay starting from day 1 with level of entitlement increasing with length of service (subject to policy terms)
Employee Assistance Program
- EAP is a confidential counselling service that provides support to company employees and their family. It is available 24/7, 365 days a year covering; Counselling, legal advice, financial information, career guidance, life coaching, mediation, health information, cancer support, autism support, infertility and pregnancy loss, elder care support, parent coaching and international employee support.
Learning and Development
- Depaul’s Vision, Mission and Values course, this involves travel to meet the Depaul International family.
- Emerging Leaders, supporting workers that would like to develop their leadership skills and to progress to a management role.
- Online learning resources within Depaul’s award nominated online learning platform, Moodle.
- Mandatory training including, MAPA, Health and Safety, Child Protection, Fire Safety, and First Aid
- DePaul support and embrace Flexible Working, including hybrid working and working from home, in line with the DePaul Working Policy (where appropriate and subject to role requirements and location)