Depaul: Finance Manager
Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership with central and local government, housing associations and other non-governmental organisations.
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a standard 35 hour working week, generous leave entitlements and a pension scheme. We support all staff with regular supervision and core training.
Depaul wishes to recruit to the following role:
Hybrid working – Based in Dublin Central Office
Salary €56,790.00 per annum, full time 35 hours per week
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to provide support to our organisation’s Finance Team in Dublin. Depaul is a values-led organisation working with a number of services throughout Dublin and Belfast. This role will report directly to the Senior Finance Manager and will be responsible for preparing quarterly and annual management accounts and other financial reports. This is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse team of talented individuals.
2. Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To manage effectively the Depaul NI and DH Finance teams by co-ordinating the operational tasks of the team in an efficient, effective and timely manner, ensuring all financial governance practices are followed
- Preparing management accounts and other financial reports for review for use by multiple users (Boards, statutory funders, ELT, LMTs), including reference to KPIs and Variances
- Manage all aspects of Financial Control including creditors, debtors, payroll (NI in conjunction with HR People Partners), general ledger, banking, reconciliations, etc.
- Prepare periodic financial projections and cash flow forecasts
- Preparing annual NI and DH budget for review and liaising on a regular basis with project group managers to monitor adherence to expenditure budgets for each Service
- Preparing regular funder and other regulatory returns
- Support the annual statutory audit and any other reviews or audits of the finance function and act timely on any recommendations
- Completing internal financial audits in other departments, primarily in Service
- Assist with carrying out costings and due diligence report on potential new initiatives and developments
- Implement strong controls over Fundraising Income and Rental Income including the accounting treatment and payment controls
- To supervise the implementation of policy and early adoption of best practice accounting policies and practice in our management and statutory reporting
- Represent Finance at internal meetings to ensure financial policies and procedures are understood and implemented
- Ensure compliance with Funder Financial Codes of Practice, SORP and relevant sections of legislation and charity regulations.
- Develop and implement strong financial controls within the organisation and surrounding the finance function and systems.
- Maintain up-to-date internal Financial Policies and Procedures that comply with best practice, audit recommendations, and other appropriate regulations and ensure to the extent possible within the confines of the role that these are implemented.
- Lead and manage all direct reports and effectively train, evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their responsibilities
- Conduct Performance Reviews in line with Depaul policy
- Proactively develop the skills of the team to ensure they attain the appropriate level of competence
- Work in a collegiate manner with other Finance colleagues at all levels and support the RoI Finance Manager when necessary
- Preparing procurement guidelines and assessing supplier contracts and monitoring adherence to guidelines and value for money in expenditure
- Identify appropriate suppliers and initiate business and organisation partnerships in conjunction with the rest of the organisation
- Negotiate with external suppliers to secure best terms
- Approve, within limits, the ordering of necessary goods and service
- Control spend and build a culture of cost management
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles is required from time to time.
3. Person Requirements
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent)
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience, including management accounts and the payroll function and familiarity with process development and management
- Extensive experience using accounting and payroll software packages in addition to advanced Excel skills
- Experience in the homeless services / supported housing or a related sector, including funder reporting requirements an advantage
- Ability to balance multiple competing work demands, working to tight deadlines
- Highly accurate / detail focused
Experience monitoring the quality of work of and development of assigned staff
Online Application Procedure:
Please apply through our online application procedure available on our website – full job description with further information on the role will be available on our website for review.
For more information, please contact Human Resources:
Tel: 00 353 1 453 7111 or e-mail email@example.com
Closing date for all applications: 22nd February 2024
Panels will be formed from which future vacancies may be filled
WHY WORK FOR US?
Depaul is a cross border charity supporting some of the most marginalised individuals, couples and families experiencing homelessness. Our mission is to end homelessness and change the lives of those affected by it. Would you like to help us to meet our mission? We are a values led organisation and aim, at all times, to live and breathe these values in our everyday work. Our values are based on four key principles:
- We celebrate the potential of people
- We put our words into action
- We aim to take a wider role in civil society
- We believe in rights and responsibilities
If you choose to work for Depaul we offer:
- Up to 3 years' service: 25 days per year
- 3 years' up to 5 years' service: 27 days per year
- Over 5 years' service: 30 working days per year
(Exclusive of bank and statutory holidays)
- Matched by the employer
- Each staff member gets access to a health cash plan so you can claim money back, up to set limits, on a number of treatments. this includes dental, optical, acupuncture and many more. Your children under 16 are also included on the plan.
- Four times salary
Maternity /Adoptive Leave
- 18 weeks full pay
- 2 weeks full pay
- Entitlement to sick pay starting from day 1 with level of entitlement increasing with length of service (subject to policy terms)
Employee Assistance Program
- EAP is a confidential counselling service that provides support to company employees and their family. It is available 24/7, 365 days a year covering; Counselling, legal advice, financial information, career guidance, life coaching, mediation, health information, cancer support, autism support, infertility and pregnancy loss, elder care support, parent coaching and international employee support.
Learning and Development
- Depaul’s Vision, Mission and Values course, this involves travel to meet the Depaul International family.
- Emerging Leaders, supporting workers that would like to develop their leadership skills and to progress to a management role.
- Online learning resources within Depaul’s award nominated online learning platform, Moodle.
- Mandatory training including, MAPA, Health and Safety, Child Protection, Fire Safety, and First Aid
- DePaul support and embrace Flexible Working, including hybrid working and working from home, in line with the DePaul Working Policy (where appropriate and subject to role requirements and location)