Depaul: Financial Accountant (1 year fixed term)
Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership with central and local government, housing associations and other non-governmental organisations.
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a standard 35 hour working week, generous leave entitlements and a pension scheme. We support all staff with regular supervision and core training.
Depaul wishes to recruit to the following role:
35 hours per week
1 year fixed term
Based in our Head Office in Castle St Dublin City Centre on a hybrid model
Salary €42,946.00per annum
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to provide support to our organisation’s Finance Team in Dublin. Depaul is a values-led organisation working with a number of services throughout Dublin and Belfast. This role will report directly to the Finance Manager.
This contract role is required to support the Finance Team in upgrading its reporting systems. At different stages of the project members of the Finance Team will require support in completing their day-to-day responsibilities so they can be actively involved in the project. This role will provide that support
2. Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage accounts payable functions including processing supplier invoices on Sage, preparing payments, reconciling supplier statements and ensuring proper invoice approvals
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Manage accounts receivable functions, including preparing invoices, processing invoices on Sage, following up outstanding debtors
- Support Payroll processing on Sage Payroll
- Reconcile suspense and other balance sheet accounts
- Perform variance analysis and prepare commentary on same
- Maintain fixed asset register including processing monthly depreciation and updating the register
- Processing monthly journals in Sage to ensure accurate financial reporting including, accruals and prepayments, payroll journals
- Managing cash flow requirements including preparing forecasts and ensuring collections are timely (Depaul Housing)
- Undertake ad hoc assignments as part of the Depaul Ireland Finance Team
- Prepare VAT returns and other taxes (LPT/RCT) (Depaul Housing)
- Support the project to upgrade Depaul’s financial systems
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles is required from time to time.
3. Person Requirements.
- Quick learner who can perform different financial accounting tasks
- Experience with Sage Accounting and Payroll software packages
- Full or Part qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in related environment, including preparation of management accounts, managing creditors ledge, payroll, reconciliations
- Ability to balance multiple competing work demands, working to tight deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience of systems upgrade projects including UAT
Online Application Procedure:
Please apply though our on line application process on the vacancies page of our website
For more information, please contact Human Resources:
Tel: 00 353 1 453 7111 or e-mail email@example.com
Closing date for all applications: 26th February 2024
Panels will be formed from which future vacancies may be filled
WHY WORK FOR US?
Depaul is a cross border charity supporting some of the most marginalised individuals, couples and families experiencing homelessness. Our mission is to end homelessness and change the lives of those affected by it. Would you like to help us to meet our mission? We are a values led organisation and aim, at all times, to live and breathe these values in our everyday work. Our values are based on four key principles:
- We celebrate the potential of people
- We put our words into action
- We aim to take a wider role in civil society
- We believe in rights and responsibilities
If you choose to work for Depaul we offer:
- Up to 3 years' service: 25 days per year
- 3 years' up to 5 years' service: 27 days per year
- Over 5 years' service: 30 working days per year
(Exclusive of bank and statutory holidays)
- Matched by the employer
- Each staff member gets access to a health cash plan so you can claim money back, up to set limits, on a number of treatments. this includes dental, optical, acupuncture and many more. Your children under 16 are also included on the plan.
- Four times salary
Maternity /Adoptive Leave
- 18 weeks full pay
- 2 weeks full pay
- Entitlement to sick pay starting from day 1 with level of entitlement increasing with length of service (subject to policy terms)
Employee Assistance Program
- EAP is a confidential counselling service that provides support to company employees and their family. It is available 24/7, 365 days a year covering; Counselling, legal advice, financial information, career guidance, life coaching, mediation, health information, cancer support, autism support, infertility and pregnancy loss, elder care support, parent coaching and international employee support.
Learning and Development
- Depaul’s Vision, Mission and Values course, this involves travel to meet the Depaul International family.
- Emerging Leaders, supporting workers that would like to develop their leadership skills and to progress to a management role.
- Online learning resources within Depaul’s award nominated online learning platform, Moodle.
- Mandatory training including, MAPA, Health and Safety, Child Protection, Fire Safety, and First Aid
- DePaul support and embrace Flexible Working, including hybrid working and working from home, in line with the DePaul Working Policy (where appropriate and subject to role requirements and location)