Rialto Development Association: Admin Assistant
Job Title: Admin Assistant
Job Summary: Carry out finance, bookings and administration duties within St. Andrew’s Community Centre for Rialto Development Association (Community Services Programme)
Reporting to: Centre Manager of St. Andrew’s Community Centre
Term: This is a permanent position subject to continued funding from Pobal, the main funder, and includes a six-month period of probation.
Hours of Work: 39 hours per week
Location: This is an office-based position, based in St. Andrew’s.
Salary: €27,237 to €32,000 per annum depending on qualifications and experience
The main aim of the Rialto Development Association (RDA) is to maintain and develop St. Andrew’s Community Centre for the use of various specific projects and community groups, including the Rialto Youth Project, the Rialto Community Drugs Team, the Rialto Day Care Centre for the Elderly, Rialto Community Network, the RDA Community Employment scheme and Studio 468.
The Centre is managed through the RDA Pobal Community Services Programme. As well as providing dedicated accommodation for the service projects, the centre provides affordable meeting space to groups and individuals for hire.
The appointee will be assigned to a very wide range of finance and administration tasks as part of the Community Services Programme and will be responsible to the Centre Manager of St. Andrew’s for the successful carrying out of these duties.
The duties will be of a clerical nature and will include: administering bookings of the facilities of the Centre; maintaining financial records; and the preparation and filing of office minutes, records and returns.
- Take bookings for the hire of St. Andrew’s Centre facilities (hall and meeting rooms) and ensure that conditions for hire are adhered to and maintain a database of the Centre’s service-users.
- Maintain financial records of all income and expenditure using excel and a cloud-based computerised accounts system.
- Check and input invoices for goods and services.
- Carry out monthly bank reconciliations and prepare financial reports for board meetings.
- Typing and filing of documents, recording of minutes at meetings and recording footfall figures in the Centre.
- Assist Centre Manager in maintaining in accordance with Pobal regulations all reporting procedures.
- Assist in organising community events as part of the RDA Community Events team.
- Provide support to Centre user groups where appropriate (e.g. assisting in promotion of their booking, displaying information posters and other materials, setting up of room in accordance with requirements in the booking application form, etc.).
- Maintain appropriate office supplies, catering supplies and equipment keeping within budgetary guidelines.
- Carry out other appropriate administration duties as required from time to time by the Centre Manager and the RDA.
- At least two years relevant work experience.
- Have a good general standard of education.
- Ability to process work with a high level of attention to detail, good knowledge of record keeping, good secretarial skills, good interpersonal skills and initiative.
- Familiarity with Microsoft systems, Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook essential. Knowledge of a CRM system is an advantage.
- Experience of financial/book-keeping administration. Financial training and/or experience of using a computerised online accounts package is desirable.
- A flexible approach to the work environment of a community centre.
The appointee will report to the Centre Manager who reports to the Board of Directors of the Rialto Development Association.
For enquiries regarding this post, please ring: 01 453 0744 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send a cover letter together with a CV to: The Centre Manager, St. Andrew’s Community Centre, 468 South Circular Road, Rialto, Dublin 8. Envelopes/emails should be marked: Application for Admin Assistant to arrive no later than 5pm on Monday February 26th 2024. Interviews will be arranged as soon as possible thereafter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Rialto Development Association is an equal opportunities employer.