Focus Ireland: Project Worker
Project Worker Advice & Information Family Centre, Dublin 7
Full Time, Permanent Contract
To apply please submit your CV & Cover Letter Here
Closing date for applications: 12.00pm, 4th December 2023
To work as part of Focus Ireland's Advice and Information Service to provide a dedicated advice, information and advocacy service to families that are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
What you will do:
- To provide information, advice and advocacy on housing, legal rights, and social welfare entitlements to families experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness.
- To conduct assessments and develop / implement support plans for families' personal and accommodation needs.
- To liaise and advocate with relevant statutory authorities to support families accessing the appropriate services.
- To manage a caseload and operate an open access drop-in/phone/email service.
- To work with and under the supervision and direction of the line management within the project.
- To work individually and as part of a team and provide team support on a daily basis.
- To advocate on behalf of families with local authorities, social welfare, and other agencies, where appropriate.
- To build professional and accountable relationships with statutory and voluntary services to provide comprehensive support to families based on their needs such as parenting and budgeting.
- To refer families to external agencies that can help them more appropriately with their personal, social, legal and accommodation needs.
- To be familiar with and comply with all relevant Focus Ireland policies.
- To participate in relevant training and development courses.
What you will need:
- A third-level degree in social care or related fields.
- A minimum of 2 years paid Social Care experience? If so, Please outline dates & name of employer:
- Good knowledge of housing legislation and social protection policies, payments and support.
- A very good understanding of homelessness in general and the provision of services in Ireland.
- Excellent communication skills, with particular emphasis on written and verbal advocacy.
- Experience of dealing with child protection and welfare responsibilities and responding appropriately to any concerns.
- The ability to work with vulnerable and marginalised groups in a busy environment.
- Experience in developing support plans and carrying out reviews.
- Ability to work on own initiative, working alone and in a team setting.
- Second language, Romanian.
- Full Driving’s License.
Focus Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.