Probation and Linkage Limerick Scheme (PALLS): Project Worker
The Probation and Linkage Limerick Scheme (PALLS) are currently seeking applications to join our team as Project Worker at our centre located on The Dock Road Limerick. The successful candidates will be afforded necessary training and development in line with the role. Candidates must be highly motivated, creative and experienced with a passion for engaging with clients who have been through the Irish justice system.
Position: Full Time Project Worker
Where: PALLS Training Centre, Dock Road Limerick
Contract: Permanent (subject to annual funding)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Third Level Degree in Social Care, Social Work, Community Development, Teaching or equivalent
- Experience of working with people in a supportive capacity
- Ability to take direction and work as part of a team under the direction of the project management team.
- Experience of working with marginalised groups, ideally with persons on Probation or with a history of offending
- Experience of developing and implementing Individual Action Plans or Care Plans, and undertaking regular reviews.
- Experience of case management.
- Experience of person centred work.
- An understanding of the dynamics of addiction and drugs misuse.
- An understanding of the effects of social exclusion.
- High levels of emotional intelligence, motivation, flexibility and creativity.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work in a complex environment.
- Experience of facilitating groups.
- Networking and advocacy skills.
- Full clean driving licence and access to own transport.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience of working with adults who have had contact with the criminal justice systems.
- Experience or knowledge of the Criminal Justice System
- Horticulture, woodwork or trades background an advantage.
- A comprehensive knowledge of services in Limerick and the wider region (including social welfare, housing provisions, addiction services).
- Experience of engaging in reflective practice individually or in groups.
- Co-facilitation skills and some counselling skills an advantage.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information
Please send a copy of your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com by 1pm 6th October 2023. Applications after the closing time and date will not be considered.
Garda Vetting is part of the PALLS recruitment and selection process and a pre-employment requirement.