Kilkenny Leader Partnership: LAES Case Officer
Is seeking to recruit.
Local Area Employment Support (LAES) Case Officer
(35 hours per week)
Carlow & Kilkenny (2 x F/T posts)
Kilkenny Leader Partnership (KLP) is a local development company that has been delivering rural development and social inclusion services to jobseekers and other clients in Kilkenny for over 25 years.
KLP’s uniqueness, longevity and success is founded on its community-led local development and partnership approach characteristic of the European LEADER model of development. The ‘KLP LAES Service Guarantee’ Mission Statement is that it will operate the LAES in the complete two-county region of Counties Carlow and Kilkenny as a coordinated and integrated scheme.
The LAES is a new service funded by the Department of Social Protection which will be focused primarily on long term unemployed clients farthest from the labour market with barriers to labour market participation. This service forms part of the additional Public Employment Service capacity required to deliver on Pathways to Work 2021 – 2025 strategy.
The LAES Programme.
- Our clients are referred to the LAES by the Department of Social Protection and we work with each client to support and assist them into employment. Our clients remain with the service for a period of 52 weeks
- We engage with Employers to identify potential staff vacancies and offer supports in recruitment
- We work intensively with clients to identity a suitable job to match their skills, identify training needs and provide pre-employment training
- In-Employment Support: When a client secures a job with an employer, LAES will provide 17 weeks in-employment support (or longer if necessary)
- Provide information on existing employer incentives (e.g., Work Placement Programme, Jobs Plus etc) and new Government initiatives and recruitment incentives
- Provide 1 to 1 and group personal development, education & training & employment supports
This role will involve;
- The LAES services will be developed in parallel with existing valuable and experienced services such as those developed as part of Local Development Social Inclusion Community Activation Programme (SICAP) employment supports. From a value added and person-centred perspective, it will be essential that these supports are offered and delivered in a logical, collaborative, and connected manner for each client
- The Coordination of people – tutors, participants, and linkage with key KLP staff
- The administration of each programme to requirements of the LAES programme
- Experience of working with long term unemployed
- Relevant educational qualification
- Excellent communication & coordination skills
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent people management skills
- A proven track record in the delivery of programme related targets
- A good working knowledge of the Training & Education, Employment and Local Development sectors
Please forward a full CV and letter of application to: Alison Iremonger. Kilkenny LEADER Partnership. Patricks Court. Patrick St. Kilkenny. Tel: 056 7752111.
Closing date for applications: 5 pm Friday 29th September 2023