Good Shepherd Cork: Social Care Workers – Edel House
Social Care Workers – Edel House
Applications are sought for 4 Social Care Worker positions in Edel House, Good Shepherd Cork.
Good Shepherd Cork is an independent Cork-based charity. We provide emergency and longer term accommodation, education, outreach and support services to families, women and children across Cork city and County who are homeless or vulnerable to homelessness.
Position 1: Full-time Permanent Relief Social Care Worker This position will involve working 37.5 hours per week including shift work providing 24-hour cover, 7 days per week.
Position 2: Full-time Social Care Worker; Maternity Leave Cover; This position will involve working 37.5 hours per week, providing 24-hour cover, 7 days per week and flexibility will be required. This will be a 6 month contract at least.
Position 3: Relief Social Care Worker x 2: This position will involve covering annual leave and sick leave for full time staff providing 24-hour cover, 7 days per week and flexibility will be required. Notification of working hours will be given as far in advance as possible and applicants who are interested in specific hours / days are welcome.
- A recognised professional qualification in social care, social work or an appropriate equivalent.
- Professional and caring approach to working with vulnerable families, adults & children.
- Ability to communicate clearly and openly with an ability to treat information confidentially and appropriately.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Social Care Leaders and Manager of Edel House the candidate will:
- Possess the interpersonal and communication skills necessary to establish trusting relationships with clients.
- Develop and implement appropriate care plans and ensure these are adhered to.
- Assess housing and support needs using the Care and Case Management Assessment Tools and approach.
- Have an excellent knowledge and understanding of the Children’s First Guidelines for Child Protection and Safeguarding.
- Liaise with other individuals within Good Shepherd Cork and external agencies
- Adhere to the policies and procedures within Edel House.
- Be professional, caring and have an empathetic approach to working with vulnerable adults, children and families.
- Have excellent interpersonal and team working skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Implement all organisational procedures and policies including health & Safety and Child Protection guidelines.
- A genuine interest in the work of Good Shepherd Cork and commitment to our vision, mission and values.
- Take on other such duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Join Our Team - Benefits:
- 24 days annual leave (pro-rata), in addition to bank holidays.
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Company pension with company contribution.
- Excellent training and support and supervision
- Paid Sick Leave Policy
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Commuter Travel Tax Savers Ticket
For Further information on the role please contact:
Cathy Murray, Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for the position can be made by completing application form which is attached to this advert. Please identify which role / roles you are applying for on your application form.
Closing date for application is, no later than 5:00pm 3rd October with interviews to be held on week beginning 9th October by email to email@example.com
Applications will only be accepted on the official application form. CV’s will not be accepted.