Dublin Simon Community: Night Support Worker (Maternity Cover)
Night Support Worker (Maternity Cover) - Homeless Services
About our Services:
Long-Term Accommodation services provide support for single people who are homeless with mental health, addiction or personal care needs. Residents are mostly people who have been homeless for long periods of time and who do not have the capacity to live independently. Every resident has their own room and there are also large communal rooms and gardens. The project operates a case management system where staff provide support to residents through individualised support plans. Residents are also taught life skills to increase their ability to maintain independent or semi-independent living.
About the role:
Contract Type – Full-Time Temporary (Maternity Cover).
Working Hours – a 5-week rolling roster of night shifts, 37.5 hours a week, from Monday to Sunday availability, night shifts only.
Location – Dublin 7, North Circular Road.
Salary – 28,500 + 12% Night Allowance progressing to 29,296 + 12% Night Allowance after probation.
As a Night Support Worker, you’ll help to meet client needs on a nightly basis; you will provide in-the-moment support and safety to clients. You will contribute to ensuring effective and consistent best-practice standards are followed in the Dublin Simon Community long-term accommodation services.
The Support Worker role is an opportunity to gain frontline experience and many support workers graduate on to project worker roles within the organisation. As well as our induction program, you will be provided with 10 training days throughout the year, as well as on-the-job coaching and mentoring, ensuring you have the support and training to succeed in this role.
- Support the project/key workers and management in the implementation of operational and strategic goals; including following up on support plan actions, supporting the service user to achieve their goals.
- Building professional relationships of trust with all service users and residents. Treating all service users and residents with dignity and respect.
- Conduct harm reduction interventions; overdose prevention, stabilisation.
- Completion of daily duties which may include assisting clients and supporting them around their mental and physical health, addiction issues, ensuring that physical needs such as bathing and washing clothing are carried out and general upkeep of building by cleaning.
- Support the safe and healthy functioning of each building to ensure the safety of and the service users/residents in that building, procedures relating to fire safety, hazard management, building checks, sharps disposal, and management of challenging behaviour.
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour and conflict management and ensuring residents adhere to accommodation agreements.
- To carry out all administrative duties such as: managing petty cash, record keeping (electronic), record keeping (paper), filing, answering queries via phone.
- Ensure consistent handovers, diary, incident reports, and follow-ups, in accordance with organisation policies.
- Ensure services and projects are compliant with organisational policies, procedures, and guidelines in the following areas: Fire Safety, Confidentiality, Child Protection, Data Protection, Admissions, Case Management, and Disengagement, etc.
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by your line manager.
Essential for the role:
- Level 6, 7 or 8 in a relevant field with 6 months experience in similar setting (including voluntary work and college placement)
- Level 5 in relevant field with 12 months experience in similar setting (including voluntary work and college placement)
- A Passion for helping people.
- Flexibility to work in an agile environment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Experience in carrying out Health & Safety inspections and audits.
Benefits to working with Dublin Simon Community:
- 25 days annual leave.
- 5% matched contribution to your pension.
- Paid Sick Leave Policy.
- Paid Maternity Leave Policy.
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Commuter Travel Tax Savers Ticket.
- 1st-week Comprehensive Training.
- Progression Opportunities.
Shortlisting will be in progress throughout the period that the vacancy is live, so you may be called for interview and/or the vacancy may be filled before the closing date.
Please note that we reserve the right to offer the position to a successful candidate prior to the deadline of receipt of applications and we advise that you apply early.
If you are unsure of any of the requirements, contact the Recruitment Team on (01) 6354860
Application due date: 26/09/2023
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4860