Ballymun Youth Action Project: Project Worker - Aftercare / Continuing Care
The Ballymun Youth Action Project [BYAP] is a community response to drug and alcohol misuse. The services provided through the Ballymun Youth Action Project respond across the continuum of care, ranging from low threshold services to aftercare.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Worker to join our Aftercare/Continuing Care Team. The Aftercare/ Continuing Care Team provide ongoing interventions and support for individuals who have made significant positive changes in their drug/alcohol use. Aftercare/Continuing Care has an explicit focus on: Maintaining Change; Relapse Prevention; Relapse Management; Achieving and Maintaining Psychological and Emotional Wellness; Development of Pro-Social networks; Building Recovery Capital; Complementary Therapy; and Advocacy/Referral to appropriate other services.
We are seeking a person with enthusiasm, commitment, and initiative.
Project Worker – Aftercare/Continuing Care.
Ref: PWACC23. Fixed Term Contract. Part Time.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Capacity to engage with individuals and families who are experiencing difficulties with drug or alcohol use.
- Experience and understanding of client assessment and care planning.
- Understanding of the range of interventions appropriate to a continuum of care, and capacity to use such interventions.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team, and to work in partnership with other agencies and services.
- Recognition of the importance of ongoing review and the development of effective strategies and approaches to support the work of the Project.
- Capacity to make full use of formal and informal supervision.
- Adherence to the highest standards of professionalism, and capacity to adhere to the policies and procedures of the Project.
- Candidates must possess a relevant 3rd Level Qualification – a Minimum Level 7 QQI (including Diploma Level) is required.
- Candidates will have a least 3 years’ experience of working within the context of addiction.
- Candidates must successfully complete the Garda Vetting Process.
The salary is aligned with the HSE Project Worker Scale.
The position is based in the Ballymun Youth Action Project, with some work offsite.
Applicants must complete an Application Form [Attached] accompanied by a cover letter.
Send Completed Application Form and Cover letter in hard copy, or by email, to:-
Ballymun Youth Action Project
If submitting Application by email please ensure required signatures are also provided. Please note that applications that are incomplete, or that do not meet the minimum requirements, will not be considered.
Applications should arrive no later than 5.00 p.m. on Friday 06/10/2023.
Ballymun Youth Action Project CLG., is an equal opportunities employer
Short listing for interview may apply.