Portlaoise Family Resource Centre: Family Support / Community Youth Worker
Portlaoise Community & Family Resource Centre
Are recruiting for a fulltime
Family Support / Community Youth Worker
The position will be for 35 hours per week excluding lunch.
Portlaoise Community & Family Resource Centre is a locally based family support and community development project, based in the heart of Portlaoise, covering Portlaoise and environs. It was established in 2004 in response to a need to tackle disadvantage and poverty in the area using a community development approach and to improve the functioning of the family unit.
Overall purpose of the position: To implement the aims, objectives, and actions of the organisation in response to the needs of families and young people in the community. Reporting to the Board through the FRC Manager.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Third level qualification in Family Support /Community Development /social Care, or a related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of paid Community Development/Family Support work
- Knowledge/ experience of working with community, voluntary and statutory agencies
- Experience of group work facilitation, setting up new initiatives and one to one work
- Ability to maintain leadership of existing youth clubs and work with children and parents
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues of poverty and social exclusion and its impact on the local area
- Understanding of racism, discrimination and equality issues
- Ability to make decisions on own initiative, work as part of a team, be non-judgemental and trustworthy
- Ability to adapt to a variety of responsibilities as agreed
- Good communication and time management skills
- Positive outlook, and be friendly, confident, respectful and patient
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience of data collation and report writing
- Commitment to quality service
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and boundaries in the work
- Own transport, full driver’s licence
The deadline for submitting a CV along with a cover letter is Wednesday 4th of October to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Recruitment Manager, Portlaoise Community & Family Resource Centre, Treo Nua Centre
Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Shortlisting: will apply on the basis of information provided.
Portlaoise CFRC CLG are Equal Opportunities Employers