Exchange House Ireland: Operations Officer
Exchange House Ireland National Travellers Service is the largest front line Traveller specific service in Ireland. We are an organisation of Traveller and non-Traveller people working together to provide services to Traveller families, and Traveller young people and children and Traveller men and women, many of whom are in crisis. We pride ourselves in working with some of the most marginalised members of the Traveller community.
We are a multi-disciplinary service provider offering Family Support and Crisis Intervention Services, Children and Young Peoples’ Services, Addiction Services, Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Services and Education and Training Services to members of the Traveller community in the Dublin area. We also deliver various national services through training, provision of expertise and partnerships with other organisations providing services to Travellers in Ireland.
Exchange House Ireland now wishes to recruit an
Part-time (21 hours); 3-Year Contract
Outline of the position
- To be the main point of contact within the organisation for all operational matters, especially in the areas of:
- Information Technology;
- Health and Safety; and
- Finance Manager
- Working closely with Administration Team of Receptionist, Cleaner and associated CE Scheme Staff
- Review space and facilities on an ongoing basis to ensure building is running efficiently
- Responsibility for building maintenance including procurement, and the management of and liaising with building contractors and service people
- Ensure all routine maintenance is organised and completed in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Role holder will be a designated key holder and emergency contact for the premises, including receiving out of office calls from monitoring company in emergency
- Responsibility for co-ordinating opening and closing of building with CEO and Finance Manager
- Maintaining office supplies and managing relationships with external suppliers.
- Responsibility for preparing various building spaces for events and meetings
- To liaise with all staff and building users to ensure the smooth running of the building
- Coordinating Exchange House Ireland events and social activities, both internal and external
- Supporting the Administration Team in their various roles
Information Technology (IT)
- Review and manage the IT systems of the organisation to ensure everything is running efficiently
- Liaise with the organisation’s external IT support contractor
- Procurement, in conjunction with the Finance Manager, of IT equipment as is necessary
- Monitor a number of email inboxes for the organisation responding and delegating as required
- Ensure cost effective and efficient IT systems are in place, including PCs, laptops, printers, etc.
- Ensure software/systems, including anti-virus software, are updated appropriately
- Oversight of server and backups
- Maintain an IT inventory for the organisation and provide advice on same
- Annual review of the IT needs of the organisation versus the service provision provided by the outside contractor.
Health and Safety (H&S)
- Role holder will be the H&S Officer for the organisation, chairing the H&S Committee
- Organise H&S Committee meetings quarterly
- Provide reports on the health and safety within the organisation to the appropriate groups including the Board of Directors, CEO and Management Team and insurers
- Role holder will be the Head Fire Officer for the organisation, administering the Fire Officer Team
- Ensure Fire procedures are effectively implemented and monitor compliance with same
- Review the safety statement annually and as needed to ensure the health, safety and welfare of staff and clients
- Responsibility to maintain and update the organisation’s website
- Create and deliver social media content that communicates the organisation’s key messages and services effectively
- Responsibility for the overall brand and image of the organisation across all services and communications
- Procurement, maintenance and distribution of organisation’s promotional materials, including reports, leaflets, banners, pop-ups, etc.
- Developing, maintaining and updating a stakeholder contact management system
- Role holder will be the GDPR Compliance Officer
- To uphold the ethos of Exchange House Ireland, which operates accordingly to the principles of Community Development
- To attend relevant internal and external training
- Participate in documented support and supervision sessions with the Finance Manager in accordance with Exchange House Ireland’s policy and guidelines of staff supervision
- Provide cover for other members of staff when required
- To take on other tasks and duties that will further develop the aims and objectives of Exchange House Ireland as requested by the Finance Manager, CEO and Board of Management Directors
The ideal candidate should have:
- A relevant qualification at minimum QQI Level 5, for e.g. Certificate in Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Computerised Accounts or similar qualification; or
- At least 5 years’ proven work experience in a similar role, in e.g. office management, operations, or administration.
- Information Technology skills and experience with Microsoft Office.
- An understanding of Health and Safety Legislation
- An understanding of GDPR
- Ability to communicate effectively with people and provide information using a range of communication methods including social media and newsletters
Terms and Conditions
- Exchange House Ireland’s offices on Great Strand Street, Dublin 1, D01 WC97
Hours of work
- 21 hours net per week
- Emergency key holder responsibilities may require work outside of these hours
- 3-Year Contract
- The salary will be as per the HSE’s Clerical Grade IV scale  (€31,547 – €47,335, pro-rata), commensurate with qualifications and experience
How to apply
If you feel you are a good fit for Exchange House Ireland and would enjoy working with us, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Operations Officer Application’.
- Your application must include a cover letter and up-to-date CV combined and sent in one document
- Please keep your cover letter to a maximum of one page. In your cover letter, include:
- Why you feel you are a good fit for this role with Exchange House Ireland; and
- Details of your relevant experience
More information is available on https://www.exchangehouse.ie/positionsvacant.php or by calling the Personnel Department on 01 872 1094
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 13th October 2023.
This position is supported with funding from the Health Service Executive (HSE) Social Inclusion Section
- This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the responsibilities and requirements of the position. It may be subject to change based on the organisation's needs and the evolving nature of the role
- Exchange House Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer
- Applications from members of the Traveller community, with relevant qualifications, are especially welcome
- All positions in Exchange House Ireland are subject to Garda Vetting and full reference checks
- All positions in Exchange House Ireland are subject to ongoing funding