L’Arche Cork: Care Assistants (Waking Nights)
L’Arche Cork: Care Assistants (Waking Nights) required for full and part time positions.
The L’Arche Community is an international organisation providing residential and day activities to adults with an intellectual disability. We have 5 houses in the Ballincollig, Bishopstown and Wilton areas of Cork City.
Mission Statement of L’Arche:
“To make known the gifts of people with intellectual disabilities revealed through mutually transforming relationships.
To engage in our diverse cultures, working together to build a more humane society.
To foster an environment in communities that is inspired by the core values of our founding story, and that responds to the changing needs of our members.”
The primary role of night support staff is to provide care to Residents in their L’Arche homes. The level of support provided will be appropriate to the needs of each Resident, thus it will be necessary to have an in-depth knowledge of each Resident, their needs, skills, likes and dislikes and to build a trusting relationship with them.
- FETAC/QQI Level 5 (8 modules) in a relevant Healthcare course.
- Experience of working with adults with an intellectual disability with a person centred approach.
- Experience of working with people with a range of support needs to include behaviours of concern
- A high standard of English—both verbally and in writing
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of Advocacy and Human Rights.
- Knowledge of National Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities.
- Full clean driving licence.
- An openness to ongoing training to meet the changing needs of the residents.
- Currently living in Ireland
This role is subject to Garda vetting, verification of qualifications and satisfactory references.
If you believe you have the necessary enthusiasm, competencies and experience to bring to this role, please forward your Letter of Application along with your Curriculum Vitae to Vivian Woods:
Post: Le Cheile, L’Arche Community, Togher Road, Cork.
Please state if you are interested in full or part time hours.
Informal enquiries to Vivian Woods,
Closing date: 06/10/23