Jobstown Assisting Drug Dependency (JADD): Keyworker
JADD Project CLG
Jobstown Road, Jobstown. Tallaght
Tel: 4597756 Fax: 4597639 Info@jadd.ie
Jobstown Assisting Drug Dependency CLG (JADD) wishes to recruit the following position:
Job title: Keyworker (specific to the opioid substitution treatment service operated in partnership between the HSE addiction services & JADD)
Reporting to: The Manager
Hours of work: 30 hours per week (including occasional weekend work)
Location: Jobstown, Tallaght, Dublin 24
Base: JADD, Jobstown, Tallaght.
Salary: HSE Social Care Worker Scale
Overview of service & role: JADD CLG is a community-based charity that provides treatment & rehabilitation supports to individuals & families affected by substance use problems in the Jobstown community of Tallaght. Since the early 1990’s, JADD & the Health Service Executive addiction services have worked in partnership to provide an opioid substitution treatment service to the local community. This role involves working in collaboration with the HSE’s staff to support individuals with addiction problems.
- Experience working in a community-based addiction service delivering harm reduction interventions & supports.
- Experience working in a challenging environment, with the ability to deescalate situations.
- Understanding of the National Drugs Strategy; Local Drug Task Forces; NDRIC Framework, etc.
- Experience of liaising with other agencies.
- Experience delivering needle exchange services, overdose prevention advice, etc.
- Experience of delivering crisis interventions, brief interventions, etc.
- Understanding and knowledge of addictive behaviours and recovery.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience working with Salesforce.
- Good communication skills.
- To work in partnership with the HSE addiction services staff to support individuals attending opioid substitution treatment service.
- To signpost individuals into appropriate services, such as JADD’s Intake Team, homeless services, etc.
- To ensure that all service users are treated with respect and are supported to meet their goals.
- To attend weekly staff meeting and provide updates as appropriate.
- To collect and maintain client information in a confidential and professional manner.
- To record and update data – both database and hard files.
- To develop reports as requested.
- Other duties as directed by line supervisor.
- Attend and participate in training, as required.
This list is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and may change in line with the needs of service users.
A third level qualification in addiction studies/social care/etc, and a minimum of one years’ experience working in an addiction service.
Garda vetting will be a requirement of this post.
Interested candidates should forward their CV along with a cover note to Jacinta Keegan firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00 pm on the 6th October 2023. The cover note (500 words maximum) should explain how they meet the job description requirements.
Applications will also be accepted by post as follows.
Note: Interviews will be held in October.