South Dublin County Partnership: LAES Case Worker - Panel
Due the continued expansion of Local Area Employment Services in South Dublin County we wish to recruit for additional Case Worker roles.
LAES Case Worker - Panel
Full Time / 35 hrs
South Dublin County Partnership is a community-based development company in South Dublin County. We tackle poverty and social exclusion through development and delivery of a range of projects. The Local Area Employment Service, funded by the Department of Social Protection, is one of the services we deliver in Lot Area 15 – South Dublin County with outreach services delivered in East Wicklow / West Kildare.
Local Area Employment Service is a new programme funded by Department of Social Protection that aim of which is to provide support long term individuals to back to work. We are now looking for additional Case Workers to strengths our team.
The company offers a range of attractive benefits including development opportunities due to the broad range of programmes we run. Other benefits include a generous pension package, free parking, access to a medical package.
Case Worker – Job Description
Purpose of Role
- To enable SDCP to meet contractual targets and KPIs with the funder as aligned with contractual payment schedules, the Case Worker will have responsibility for providing case management services to an agreed caseload of Local Area Employment Services clients from the point of initial engagement and assessment through to exit from the programme. Case Worker will be required to match each client with a range of core and/or targeted LAES supports and work collaboratively with the Employment Advisor and Job Coach team across the service.
- To provide 1 to1 support to the long-term unemployed and those furthest from the labour market to help them in their progression from unemployment to employment, acting as the main liaison within LAES for clients referred into the service.
- Maintain the caseload management system as provided by the Department of Social Protection.
- To deliver the LAES service across multiple hub and outreach locations across the LOT.
- Track and record client case information, record all appointments, agreed PPP, interventions, client engagements and referrals
- Manage client data through the funder information management system and SDCP’s CRM and provide monthly written activity reports and performance dashboards for the caseload to the Service Delivery Manager
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the needs of the long term unemployed and those impacted by social exclusion.
- Have a proven ability to work in a target driven environment. Capability to deliver agreed KPI’s and monthly targets is an essential requirement of this role
- Have a strong track record of working holistically with clients where a range of targeted supports have been identified and delivered.
- Have a practical experience of working within a case load management framework
- Possess a thorough understanding of skills assessment tools.
- Demonstrate flexibility and the willingness and ability to work in a friendly, welcoming, empathetic manner and a drive and passion to help individuals reach their full potential.
- Have the aptitude to work on own initiative as well as work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills to engage and motivate the target groups of LAES and the proven ability to work collaboratively across the wider SDCP Teams and other local stakeholders.
- Have a strong track record in core and targeted employment services delivery and a drive and passion for continuous improvement.
- Possess strong administration, IT, organisational and time management skills.
- Show an ability to be flexible and adapt quickly and efficiently to a changing work environment
- Demonstrate an openness and a willingness to act on feedback from management on your performance or specific areas identified for service improvement and from the programme funder on where adjustments are needed to the services offered.
- Relevant work experience in adult guidance, community studies, addiction studies, recruitment, probation services etc. and a willingness to pursue further study.
- A minimum of level 7 qualification in Adult Guidance & Counselling Skills or a similar field
- Full driving licence and access to own car
Renumeration Package & Benefits:
- The salary for this position will be based on the successful individual’s qualification and experience.
- Excellent Pension of 10% employer’s contribution after successful probation period.
- Access to HSF private health insurance.
- 35 Hour per week (full time)
- Employee assistance programme (EAP)
Applicants should pay particular attention to the essential and desirable criteria in the job description, your suitability and why you are the best candidate for this post in question.
Please send three copies of your up-to-date detailed CV (no more than 2 pages) and cover letter accompanied with completed confidential form marked: LAES Case Worker Ref: 102/2023 to:
Administration & Operations Department
South Dublin County Partnership
Nangor Road Business Park
OR alternatively email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 6th October 2023 @ 12.00pm
Note no late applications will be accepted.
South Dublin County Partnership is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from a diversity of backgrounds.