South Dublin County Partnership: Health & Wellbeing Senior Manager
Health & Wellbeing Senior Manager – Full Time
Due to the South Dublin County Partnership’s expansion we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager in our Health and Wellbeing Thematic. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, energetic, and passionate candidate to develop their skills and experience in the field of health and wellbeing and to be a key part of building a "best in class" health and wellbeing function.
The South Dublin County (SDC) Partnership is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes backgrounds from diverse communities, we are a local development company primarily funded by the Irish Government to bring together local communities and state agencies to tackle the problems of unemployment and social exclusion. We develop projects and services to support sustainable and vibrant communities where people can realize their potential and experience a high quality of life.
The focus of our activities is on areas where people experience disadvantage and our programmes of work are organized across key thematic areas: Community Development, Enterprise & Employment, Lifelong Learning, Children & Families, Health and Wellbeing.
Health and Wellbeing Senior Manager Role:
Reporting directly to the CEO/Deputy CEO, this role will be a blend of administration/co-ordination but also research, design and delivery of key Health and Wellbeing programmes. The successful candidate will work closely with key internal stakeholders from various functions including various Health and Wellbeing related forums.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute and/or lead in the strategic development of the company and of the health and wellbeing thematic area of work. Flexibility required in travelling to other locations
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Administration and coordination of various initiatives to include, Health & Wellbeing programmes, Social Prescribing, Heads UP, Healthy Foods Made Easy, Counselling, Health Promotion, and inter-agency work.
- Research, design, delivery, and review of health promotion programmes that add value at individual and organisational level.
- Support and promote mental health programmes and initiatives that align with the company-wide strategy.
- Coordinate and chair meetings with Health and Wellbeing representatives from across the organization.
- Development of strategic actions in response to emerging needs
- Collation of metrics and data relating to Health and Wellbeing activities
- Any other duties associated with health and wellbeing activities.
- Support the Quality Framework implementation, ensuring a high level of governance across the H&W function.
- Support the implementation of Salesforce across the thematic.
- Development of a Staff Health and Wellbeing Strategy for Staff of the SDCP.
- Duties compatible with being a member of the SMT and or duties as requested by the CEO/Deputy CEO in furtherance of the SDCP mission and vision.
Experience & Skills required:
- Managing a team of staff within a complex organization
- Passionate about health promotion and mental health
- High level of planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and to strict deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in research, design, and delivery of effective health promotional programmes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work closely with internal and external stakeholders and to create strong working relationships.
- Degree level qualification in health promotion, or other health-related discipline, community Development or social work.
- Experience in managing multiple projects/services simultaneously.
- A minimum of 3 years team management experience.
- Demonstrated ability handling funding contracts and service agreements with funders.
- Full Driver License and access to motor vehicle
- Postgrad Qualification in mental health or community development
- Senior management experience
- Experience leading innovative projects and streamlining successful initiatives into service provision.
Renumeration Package & Benefits:
- The salary for this position will be based on the successful individual’s qualification and experience.
- Excellent Pension of 10% employer’s contribution after successful probation period.
- Access to HSF private health insurance.
- Access to training and development opportunities to support the H&W senior Manager is in their role.
- Opportunity to apply for up to two days remote working as per SDCP policy.
- 35 Hour per week (full time)
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Free parking
The appointee must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the position and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of competence and ability to render regular and efficient service in SDCP.
Applicants should pay particular attention to the job role and person specification and outline your suitability and why you are the best candidate for this post.
Please send three copies of your up-to-date detailed CV (no more than 2 pages) and cover letter accompanied with completed confidential form marked: Health & Wellbeing Senior Manager Ref: 93/2023 to:
Administration & Operation Department,
South Dublin County Partnership,
Nangor Road Business Park,
Nangor Road, Dublin 12
OR alternatively email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org – subject box to be marked: Health & Wellbeing Senior Manager Ref: 93/2023
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12pm, 9th June 2023.
Late applications cannot be considered.
No individual correspondence will be entered into.
South Dublin County Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.