IASIO: Training & Employment Officer - Limerick Prison
Fulltime Gate Service, Training & Employment Officer, Limerick Prison
IASIO (the Irish Association for Social Inclusion Opportunities), is a national organisation that works with State agencies in the development and delivery of services to marginalised groups, enabling communities to become more socially inclusive through excellence in practice. IASIO’s current operational scope includes three national Services and two smaller projects: The Linkage Service, the Gate Service, the Resettlement Service; and, The Community Support Scheme and The Supported Employment Service. In particular, it is the only national organisation for adult offenders in the community and voluntary sector with a specific focus on alternatives to both offending and re-imprisonment. This is achieved through the provision of direct services to offenders in the community and to prisoners, services which range from 1-to-1 guidance counselling, group work, psychometric assessment, resettlement planning & support and placement in the community. IASIO’s core mission is the social inclusion of people marginalised from mainstream opportunity.
We are seeking applications from suitable candidates for the following fulltime post:
A Gate Service Training & Employment Officer based in Limerick prison.
Training & Employment Officer for the Gate Service
The Training and Employment Officer (TEO) works with referred prisoners to explore future directions and develop a realistic plan for release with a focus on training, education or employment and the identification of barriers that may hinder progression.
The ideal candidate for this post will have:
- A Diploma or Higher in Adult Guidance & Counseling or relevant Third Level qualification leading to membership of the Institute of Guidance Counsellors with;
- A thorough understanding of the Target Groups needs and issues
- A good understanding of the Irish Prison Service and the Resettlement and Reintegration process
- Must meet the security and health and safety requirements for working within a prison environment
A good general knowledge of:
- IASIO and its range of programmes
- The Irish Criminal Justice system
- The Irish employment market and training & education opportunities
- Semi-state and other agencies , including services providing support and/or training and educational services for marginalised groups
- The issues and concerns for employers
- One years’ experience of working with the Target Group
- Teamwork experience
Applicants should refer to the detailed job description, including the necessary competencies required in the attachment below.
Applicants for the above should forward their current Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter, by email no later than Sunday 2nd October 2022 to;
Aisling Bracken, Human Resources Manager, IASIO, Block 3, Grove Court, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
C/o Ciara Ahern, Administrative Assistant at e-mail: email@example.com
Applications are welcome from candidates with exceptional experience but who do not possess formal qualifications.
- Full driving licence and access to transport for business is essential.
- Interviews for this position will take place by video call on the 14th of October 2022.
- The pro-rata salary point for this post is € 31,100
- The successful candidate must be available to start work as soon as possible
- The appointment of a successful candidate will be made subject to two satisfactory references (one from your most recent employer), a pre-employment medical and prison access / full national security clearance and garda vetting.
- Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification
- Pension contributions
- Death in Service Insurance
- Paid maternity/paternity/parents leave
- CPD opportunities
- COVID-19 paid leave/Sick leave
- Flexible start time
IASIO is an equal opportunities employer and promotes a policy of continuous personal and professional development among its staff.