Malta Services Drogheda: Support Worker
SUPPORT WORKER 30 hrs to 35hrs per week
Malta Services Drogheda promotes and supports the rights of people within its service to live self-directed, happy and fulfilled lives so that they can participate as equal citizens in society.
We wish to recruit a suitably qualified Support Worker for up to 35 hours per week.
As Support Worker your role encompasses all aspects of the people we support experiences with Malta Services in relation to training/education, employment and community development. In addition, you will advocate for the people we support to obtain the necessary supports to enhance their quality of life, personal development and independent living skills of individual’s with complex needs.
The successful candidate will have values and beliefs that are aligned with our ethos. You will have the ability to develop positive relationships with people with complex needs, ASD, and behaviours of concern. Flexibility is essential to adopt your approach to meet a person’s needs. You are expected have good interpersonal skills to influence and inspire others, build constructive relationships, and achieve required outcomes. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong administration and IT skills. A full, clean driver’s licence is desirable.
- Relevant third level qualification in social care or related field.
- Experience supporting individuals with Intellectual Disabilities and Autism
- Experience in a human rights-based approach to supporting people with disabilities.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing National Standards and Regulations.
- Opportunities for advancement
- Pension scheme
- Death and service benefit
- Occupational sick pay scheme
- EAP (Employment Assistance Programme)
- Paid training days
- Free onsite parking
Please note that for each position a panel may be formed.
Applicants should submit a copy of their CV with a covering letter to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 19th August 2022
Malta Services Drogheda is an equal opportunity employer.