ALONE: CH09 Services Manager
ALONE is a national organisation that supports and empowers older people to age happily and securely at home. We support individuals and their families, work with other organisations, and campaign nationwide to improve the lives of older people.
We work with all older people, including those who are lonely, isolated, homeless, living in poverty, or are facing other difficulties. We support them through these challenges to help them find long-term solutions.
To help us to continuously enhance and expand our support services for older people, we are seeking an experienced Services Manager based in Olympic House, Pleasant’s Street, Dublin 8. This is an initial 24-month contract.
As the Services Manager, you will lead, build, motivate, and support a multifunctional team providing the full range of ALONE’s support services (including the recruitment of volunteers) in the following counties:
- Dublin North
- Dublin North Central
- Dublin North West
You will report directly to the ALONE Head of Services.
- Manage the provision of ALONE’s support services including;
- Support Coordination;
- Befriending Services (Visitation and Telephone, with support);
- Technology engagement
- Recruitment and support of Volunteers
- Develop and manage relationships with all local Statutory, Community, and Voluntary organisations and stakeholders.
- Promote ALONE’s services, build referral pathways and develop the capacity within the area to meet the needs of older people.
- To ensure that all the objectives of the service level agreement with the HSE are met and the appropriate reports and documentation are forwarded in a timely and effective manner.
- Identify gaps and blocks in service provision and work with other organisations to find solutions.
- Generate reports for the management team, for funders and others, on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Manage individual performance through performance management process and procedures.
- Ensure that there is a culture of continuous improvement within your team and to ensure that team members enhance their skillset and ensure they continue to remain effective, capable, and knowledgeable in their field.
- Support ALONE to deliver the five goals in the Strategic Plan 2019-2023 by managing your team to deliver the team’s objectives and targets within budget via ALONE’s quality systems and procedures.
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as requested.
- Any other duties within the general requirements of the above that may be assigned
Essential skills & experience
- Self-motivated person who is committed to ALONE’s mission
- Educated to Degree Level or significant relevant experience.
- Minimum 3 years proven experience in service operations.
- Able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion, and respect.
- High-level communication skills both written and verbal.
- Minimum of 2-year staff management experience, including support and performance management of teams
- Excellent communication skills, with experience in presenting information to a variety of stakeholders (internally and externally),
- The ability to network and negotiate effectively with individuals and groups, within ALONE and outside
- Have experience managing and achieving targets in service delivery
- Previous experience in managing teams and projects is highly desirable.
- Good computer literacy, excellent organisational skills, budgeting, report writing, managing meetings and multi-tasking is desirable.
- Some experience or understanding of Quality Management Systems would be an advantage.
- The position is full time and e work a 35-hour work-week in a good environment.
- The salary scale offered for this position is €40,000-45,000, depending on skills and experience and there are 24 days’ annual leave.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 28th October 2021.
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.