FLAC (Free Legal Advice Centres): Fundraising Manager (Part-Time)
Reporting to: Director of Funding and Development
FLAC (Free Legal Advice Centres) is an Irish human rights organisation, which exists to promote equal access to justice. As an NGO, FLAC relies on a combination of statutory funding, contributions from the legal professions and donations from individuals and grant-making foundations to support its work.
We are now recruiting for a part-time Fundraising Manager. This is a wonderful and exciting opportunity to join one of the most important charities in Ireland in a period when the need for our services has never been greater.
This post is ideal for someone who enjoys creating strategies, working with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally, is a real team player who is unfazed by the task at hand, and who wants to promote access to justice.
The Fundraising Manager, working closely with the Chief Executive, Director of Funding and Development will create, manage and deliver a comprehensive and innovative fundraising strategy to the support the vision and goals set out in its strategic plan, partnering with institutional partners, high net worth donors, trusts and foundations through pro-active contact networking to ensure it reaches its potential.
- Strategy and Planning – working closely with the Chief Executive and Director of Funding and Development and other members of the FLAC team to create, manage and deliver a comprehensive and innovative fundraising strategy partnering with institutional partners, high net worth donors and charitable trusts through pro-active contact networking to ensure it reaches its potential.
- Corporate Partnerships -You will help FLAC forge strong links with corporate partners and other strategic partners and create various long-term avenues for creating giving. You will ensure that the organisation keeps its moral direction strong at all times.
- Donor Development – You will guide FLAC in its creation of attractive and appropriate ways to structure individual giving, attracting and retaining committed donors to help reach our donation potential. You will wish to do this in a tasteful and respectful manner, in line with FLAC’s ethos, while still understanding that we need to increase our funding as much as possible.
- Grant Management – Understanding the importance of grant funding to our success, you will act as a key intermediary in liaising with appropriate Government Departments, and State funding bodies and ensure that the relationship between FLAC and its funders is safeguarded and positively influenced at every opportunity.
- Philanthropic funding – You will research opportunities for funding from Trusts and Foundations, develop proposals and build relationships, delivering quality reporting and stewardship to Philanthropic donors.
Essential Skills and Background:
The Fundraising Manager role will require an individual who can demonstrate the following:
- Educated to degree level or similar
- At least five years’ experience gained at a senior level in a similar role
- Experience in a not-for-profit organisation at a mid or senior level
- An understanding of fundraising for advocacy causes and the synergies between advocacy campaigns and fundraising
- Excellent sales skills and first class relationship management combined with a polished, tactful personality to cultivate relationships appropriately
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully with FLAC staff and Council
- Excellent networking skills
- Exceptional communication ability across verbal, editing, and written forms
- Strong financial and planning experience to be able to set appropriate fundraising goals, understand the requirements of the organisation to reach success, and set plans in place to achieve those goals
- Strong identification with the goals of FLAC and a commitment to access to justice
- A good knowledge of the legal profession would be desirable
- The position is part-time 20 hours per week and dependent on annual funding
- The position will be based remotely initially and then at the FLAC office at 85/86 Dorset Street Upper, Dublin 1, after Covid-19 workplace restrictions have been lifted
- Induction and training will be provided
- The salary range is €60,000 – €65,000 pro rata dependent on skills and experience
Please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter to recruitment @flac.ie stating what interests you about working with FLAC and how you meet the requirements for this position. The closing date for applications is Friday 2 July 2021 at 5pm.
FLAC is an equal opportunities employer.