ALONE Services: CHO8 Support Coordinator
CHO8 Support Coordinator
ALONE support older people to age at home. We provide direct, frontline services to people aged 60 and over, through support coordination, befriending and support, housing with support, co-living, and the application of assistive technology. We have more than 2,000 volunteers and 140 plus homes for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. We have been awarded Quality Marks from Volunteer Ireland, the ISO, the Charities Regulator and the Housing Regulatory Standard.
You will hold responsibility for managing a comprehensive caseload to support and advocate for services for older people in and across all care settings, to enable and empower older people to age well at home. This role will focus on ALONE’s Support Coordination, Social Prescribing, Befriending and Support, Shared Living, and Housing with Support Services and Volunteer recruitment, training and support. Much of the time is spent outside the office, as the majority of this job is mobile working, and planning your own days.
- Manage and lead the response to complex cases including, but not limited to, issues regarding emotional wellbeing, housing issues, health difficulties and vulnerable persons at risk of abuse.
- Carry out comprehensive assessments (in person or by phone) with older people to ensure that all aspects of the older person’s needs are identified, supported and resolved and that any risks are mitigated.
- Advocate for the needs of Older People across a range of stakeholders
- Recruit, train and support volunteers, volunteer leaders to work safely and to develop a mutually beneficial relationship with older people availing of our services.
- Build strong referral relationships with statutory and non-statutory agencies across Area F.
- Maintain necessary confidentiality relating to the work of the service and regarding older people, staff and partner organisations and in line with guidance in the use of the ALONE Management Information System (MIS) and data protection policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain referral pathways to ALONE’s Support Coordination services.
- During the COVID-19 response, your role will also involve, providing advice, reassurance and up to date information on COVID-19 as instructed by HSE through the National Support Line and linking Older People to ALONE’s Telephone Befriending service.
- Coordinating Practical Supports such as food, fuel and medication delivery to Older People at their homes and matching volunteers to deliver these practical supports.
- You may be required to undertake additional duties or tasks as required.
During the COVID-19 response, you will be mainly working remotely from home and you will be provided with all equipment and devices to enable you to do this.
Skills and Background
- Self-motivated person who is committed to ALONE’s mission is essential.
- Able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion and respect is essential.
- High level communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to network and negotiate effectively with individuals, groups and stakeholders, is essential.
- Previous experience in social care settings is desirable.
- Good computer literacy, with experience of using case management systems is desirable.
- Excellent organisational skills, report writing, solution focused skills and multi-tasking skills are desirable.
- This role is 35 hours per week, Monday to Sunday. These hours may be required to be worked in a variety of flexible patterns, e.g. 5 over 7 days, compressed hours or other flexible working patterns as required.
- Regular travel and remote working is required with this role with adaptable working arrangements available to facilitate this flexibility.
- This role will involve developing services across CHO8; Louth, Meath, Westmeath, Offaly, Laois and Longford (or parts thereof).
- Remote Induction and training will be carried out on commencement in role.
- The salary scale offered for this position is €27,000 to €34,000, depending on experience.
Please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter stating what interests you about working with Alone, the role and your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Friday, 25th June 2021.
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.