Irish Network Against Racism (INAR): Community Development Officer
INAR invites applications for the position of
Community Development Officer
INAR is a National Network organisation of over 150 civil society organisations working together to combat racism at a local, national and European level. INAR is recruiting a Community Development Officer to deepen its Network engagement and capacity at a local level.
The Community Development Officer will be responsible for developing the leadership of Minority Ethnic advocates, and other community stakeholders, and using INAR’s resources, to create robust partnerships for addressing racism and discrimination in communities and institutions.
The Community Development Officer will be responsible for:
- Developing and coordinating a community development leadership programme for Minority Ethnic leaders in local communities.
- Establishing a core group of minority Activists and Advocates from the programme
- Identifying needs of Minority Ethnic groups vis-a-vis reporting and responding to racist hate crimes, discrimination and other incidents.
- Evaluating, from a Racial Justice perspective, models of anti-racist community advocacy networking within the INAR network.
- Build on learnings from community practice, to develop a community Network of Advocates and Activists (NAA) between minority leaders and stakeholders.
- Engage in relationship building and alliance building with the community sector locally and nationally.
- Develop a resource for sharing the learnings of NAAs within the INAR network and wider civil society in Ireland
- Support INAR’s reviews of the iReport.ie system and training resources associated with it.
Supporting the work of INAR
- Identify and secure resourcing and implement initiatives for greater sustainability for the project.
- Contribute to the overall work and activities of the INAR.
- Represent the INAR at events and on relevant structures.
To be considered for the role, you will need to be someone who:
- Has demonstrable experience working in a Community Development capacity, or relevant third level qualification in Community Development or closely related discipline.
- Has demonstrable commitment to the principles of Community Development, social justice and equality, participative methodologies, affected community leadership, and solidarity and capacity building.
- Knowledge of, and affinity with, the issues facing Minority Ethnic communities.
- Experience of multi-stakeholder project management.
- Experience of programme planning, implementation, review and evaluation.
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of developing and working in a variety of partnerships and networks.
- Ability to self manage and work on own initiative and be an excellent team player.
- Experience of working with Ethnic Minority communities.
- First-hand knowledge of the issues facing Ethnic Minorities.
- Community work experience and training.
- Ability to speak a number of languages.
INAR is committed to fostering an inclusive and collaborative work environment that values all identities, perspectives and experiences, and provides opportunities for learning and growth. We especially welcome applications from people from all ethnic minority and migrant backgrounds, from women, nonbinary, LGBTQI+ and other working class backgrounds, and people from other traditionally marginalised backgrounds.
Salary range: €39,000 - €42,000 PA, depending on experience.
This is a full-time position, fixed-term contract for 3 years (up until July 2024), 5 day a week, with a 6 month probation period; annual leave entitlement: 25 days per annum.
Place of work: INAR office in Dublin 1, with occasional travel, as appropriate to the role.
(In line with public health advice, remote working is currently in operation.)
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the Republic of Ireland.
Post holder reports to: the Director at INAR.
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is close of business, Tuesday, 29 June 2021. Please upload a CV, and fill out the Application Form online at: https://inar.ie/vacancies/
Applicants will be shortlisted for interview based only on the information supplied in the CV and Application Form and on the requirements of the post. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview in the week of 5th-9th July. We hope to be able to announce a successful candidate by 14 July 2021.