Traveller Visibility Group: Traveller Health Coordinator
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
TVG Traveller Health Coordinator (Full Time)
To ensure the delivery of culturally appropriate health and community development initiatives for the Cork Traveller community.
There are 3 aspects to the position:
- The overall management and support of the TVG community health team (currently 6 staff members)
- Representing the TVG on Traveller health and community development structures at local, regional and national levels
- The development of and support to the Primary Health Care Program in TVG
- To develop, manage and support the Traveller community health team
- To support the development of individual work plans for each worker in the team and oversee and review the implementation of each plan
- To supervise and manage each worker within the team
- To identify and support staff training needs as appropriate and actively encourage staff progression within the organisation
- To promote and support Traveller leadership within the project, at all levels of the organisation.
- To ensure all members of the TVG health team are representing the TVG in committees relevant to Traveller health and equality.
- To oversee the local coordination of the Traveller Women’s Awareness 3 year pilot program (Pavee Point/TVG/Tusla partnership), support the worker, and attend the advisory group meetings in Dublin.
- To work closely with the TVG Co-Directors to oversee the rolling out of the TVG strategic plan 2019-2024
- To work closely with the Drug & Alcohol workers and TVG development workers to share information where appropriate, work on joined projects and compile quarterly KPIs
- To work closely with the administration team around health program budgets, funding, invoices and spending.
- To organise regular health team meetings.
- To collate and return quarterly KPIs to the regional THU coordinator
- To liaise with relevant organisations and agencies to progress Traveller health and equality
- To access and disseminate information on health for the Traveller community
- To support the identification of health needs of the Traveller community in Cork and nationally
- To keep TVG CO-Directors informed and updated on Traveller health issues and TVG health program
- To develop and deliver one-off outreach projects such as summer camps, festivals and health information events and any other activities as requested by the TVG CO-Directors.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a team or leading a project.
- 3 years’ community development experience.
- A high level of motivation and ability to work on own initiative.
- A strong understanding of the issues that face the Traveller Community.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent team-working and collaborative skills
- An ability to work remotely including online meetings and physical outreach work.
- Relevant third level qualifications in community development work or equivalent.
- A passion for advocating for human rights and anti-racism campaigning.
- Experience of inter-agency committee participation.
- Experience of group or workshop facilitation.
Hours of Work: Full Time. 35 hours excluding lunch breaks or 37.5 hours including lunch breaks.
Salary: €41,000 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent, subject to passing a 6 month probationary period.
CV and letter of interest outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the position by no later than 5pm on Monday 10th May to Eileen O’Shea, TVG Director of Operations by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions on this job please call Eileen O’Shea on 0871301756.
Interviews will be held on Friday 14th May via Zoom online video call.