St. Margaret’s IRL-IASD: Director of Person Support Services
Director of Person Support Services
Organisation: St. Margaret’s IRL-IASD
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Location: Stillorgan, Dublin
Salary: €62,000 – €70,000, DOE
St. Margaret’s is a rights-based service, working in partnership with adults with disabilities and their families, within their own local communities and with people who wish to move from residential institutional settings to their own home, to empower them to live a good life of their choosing.
St. Margaret’s service focus is one of supported self-directed living, providing individualised, flexible and responsive services to meet the changing choices and needs of each person throughout their life. The individual work with their advocate who supports them articulate and define the supports that will enable them to fulfil their life goals/aspirations.
Based in Stillorgan, Dublin and reporting to the Chief Executive, the Director of Person Support Services is a key member of the Senior Management Team. The role holds accountability for the overall leadership, management, planning, co-ordination and delivery of Person Support Services at a strategic and operational level.
This role requires a strong commitment and drive to lead teams, who will ensure that each person receives appropriate, high quality, individualised supports to live a good life of their choosing at home, at the heart of their community.
Qualified to degree level (at least Lv.8 on the NFQ Ireland or equivalent) with at least 10 years post-graduate experience and 3 years at appropriate management / leadership level, the ideal candidate will:
- Be registered with their professional body, if applicable, and can demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development.
- Have the capacity and drive to inspire, guide and innovate the delivery of individualised rights-based services.
- Have a good understanding of the changing direction of policy and service provision in the disability sector as well as an in-depth knowledge and proven track in legislative and regulatory compliance.
- Have extensive knowledge of service innovation in intellectual disability services and understanding of social role valorisation/supported self- directed living and its implementation.
- Have good leadership, managerial, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, together with an ability to advocate on behalf of the organisation and people using the service at local and regional level.
- Be eligible to work in Ireland and possess all necessary permits/visas if applicable.
Any other requirements
- The successful applicant should ideally have access to a car and have a full, clean driver’s licence.
- This position is subject to successful Garda Vetting.
- This position is a permanent, full-time role. The successful candidate may be required to work flexible hours as required, in line with the needs of the service.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Michelle McDonagh at firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have any questions or queries in relation to this position, please contact us in confidence on 01 561 3594. Closing date for receipt of applications is 12th May 2021 at 5:00pm.