International Organisation for Migration: Finance Assistant
SVN 2020 - 08
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Finance Assistant
Duty Station: Dublin, Ireland
Classification: General Service, G4
Type of Appointment: SST 9 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 22.01.2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
IOM opened an office in Ireland in 2001. Ireland became a full member government of IOM in 2002. IOM Ireland provides Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration Programmes (AVRR) that are open to migrants (asylum seekers and irregular migrants) from non-EEA countries, who wish to return home voluntarily but do not have the means, including the necessary documentation, to do so. Programme activities additionally include the following areas of migration management: Resettlement, Family Reunification and Counter- Trafficking.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the direct supervision of the Finance, HR and Administration Coordinator ,Finance Assistant will be responsible for:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Review all payment vouchers to ensure that all required documentation is in place in line with IOM’s procurement and financial rules and regulations. Make follow-ups as required.
- Process staff expense claims and Travel claims as per IOM rules
- Process all appropriately approved documents for payment in PRISM
- Maintain Petty cash for the office; obtain Petty Cash replenishment from the Bank
- Assist to RMO with general clerical tasks such as: filing, printing, photocopying, and scanning of documents.
- Assist in the retrieval of documents for audit purposes.
- Follow up on all supplier’s outstanding invoices
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Link to IOM competency Framework:
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting or Finance, with one year of relevant work experience; or
- High School Certificate with three years of relevant work experience
- Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (in particular Excel).
- Good knowledge of accounting software; previous experience with SAP would be an advantage.
- Previous work experience in Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Previous work experience and knowledge with Irish Revenue procedures and VAT rules would be advantage
- Previous work experience in international organisations /companies would be an advantage.
- Previous experience and/or an interest in working with migrants or vulnerable populations would be an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Any other IOM official language is an advantage
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge
- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication.
- Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Internal and External Candidates
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Vacancy Number SVN - IE2020 - 08
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.