IASIO: Employment Specialist (Part-Time)
IASIO, PART-TIME EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST (ES) – DUBLIN
IASIO (the Irish Association for Social Inclusion Opportunities), is a national organisation that works with State agencies in the development and delivery of employment and resettlement services to marginalised groups, enabling communities to become more socially inclusive. IASIO’s current operational scope includes three national Services and two smaller Projects: the Linkage Service, the Gate Service, the Resettlement Service; and the Community Support Scheme and the Supported Employment Service. IASIO is the only national organisation in the community and voluntary sector with a specific focus on alternatives to both offending and re-imprisonment. This is achieved through the provision of direct services to people referred to us in the community and in prisons, services which range from 1-to-1 guidance counselling, vocational profiling, psychometric assessment, resettlement planning & support, employer engagement and placement in the community. IASIO’s core mission is the social inclusion of people marginalized from mainstream opportunity.
We are seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for a:
Part-time (2.5 days per week) Employment Specialist (ES) in Dublin.
The Employment Specialist will work with people referred for supported employment services through their community mental health team. Employment Specialist (ES) support using the Individual Placement & Support (IPS) Model is the most effective method of assisting people in mental health recovery find employment. Developed in the US and replicated and successfully demonstrated in several other countries, the Individual Placement & Support (IPS) model has been piloted in Ireland and is now implemented by the National Forensic Mental Health Service (NFMHS) for the first time. The NFMHS and IASIO are working together to make this demonstration project a success and are now looking to recruit a person for a part-time role (2.5 days per week) in the National Forensic Mental Health services in Usher’s Island and Dundrum. The appointee will be employed on a fixed term contract until 30th June 2021.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant third level qualification or significant prior marketing or employment service experience
- Knowledge of interpretation of welfare benefits and disability/employment related benefits
- Knowledge of the Equality Act
- Knowledge of disability and special needs issues in relation to employment/ education
- An understanding of the issues of user involvement in mental health services
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to engage with employers
- Excellent verbal, written and computer-based skills e.g. professional CV writing skills
- Understanding of relevant disability and employment policy and legislation
- An understanding of the principles and practice of the Individual Placement & Support Model
- Excellent PR and Marketing Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals
- Ability to be innovative and resourceful
- Ability to show sensitivity towards job seekers needs and empower them to succeed in the workplace.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage confidential information.
- An innovative approach to reaching solutions and solving problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively i.e. canvassing potential employers
- Personal resilience
- One years’ experience of working with and supporting people who have experienced mental health problems (or other unemployed disadvantaged groups) into and in employment within health, social services or the voluntary sector
Applicants should refer to the detailed job description, including the necessary competencies required in the attachment below.
Applicants for the above should forward their current Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter, by email no later than Monday 17th August 2020 to;
Aisling Bracken, Human Resources Manager, IASIO, Block 3, Grove Court, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
C/o Ciara Ahern, Administrative Assistant at e-mail: email@example.com Tel: 01 – 866 2706
Applications are welcome from candidates with exceptional experience but who do not possess formal qualifications.
- Full access to transport for business is essential.
- Interviews for this post will take place by video call on the 27th August 2020.
- The salary for this post is available on request.
- The successful candidate must be available to start work as soon as possible.
- The appointment of a successful candidate will be made subject to two satisfactory references (one from your most recent employer) and successful Garda Vetting.
- Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification.
IASIO is an equal opportunities employer and promotes a policy of continuous personal and professional development among its staff.