Age Action: Corporate Partnerships & Philanthropy Manager
Corporate Partnerships & Philanthropy Manager
Age Action is Ireland’s leading advocacy organisation for older people.
Everything we do is based on a recognition of the diversity of identity and situation among older people and a concern for equality for all older people. In addressing ageing, our work includes a concern to influence perspectives on and responses to ageing. This pursuit of equality and human rights is underpinned by our work to promote ageing in place, life‐ long learning, and health and wellbeing for older people, empowering them to live as active citizens.
Our work is driven by an organisation that is professional in its operations and lives out its values of dignity, participation, diversity, social justice, and professionalism.
Age Action Ireland has an ambitious fundraising strategy and Strategic Partnerships with Corporate & Philanthropic supporters are central to this growth. This role is therefore fundamental to the success of Age Action Ireland.
Age Action has the following Fundraising income streams:
- High Value support from Corporates, Individuals and Trusts
- Individuals Supporters
- Raffles, Events and Community Fundraising
- Legacies and In Memory Giving
- To initiate and grow strategic partnerships with organisations, trusts and individuals to meet agreed strategic and financial targets in line with Age Action’s strategic objectives.
- To recruit and support a committee of fundraising advisers to provide networks and advice for the growth of high value giving including corporate partnerships.
- To develop, implement and provide excellent relationship management and supporter care.
- To create and follow a solicitation process to track all prospects and supporters across their contact with Age Action from solicitation to thanking, banking and ongoing supporter care.
- To support the Head of Fundraising across all fundraising activity as required.
Reports to: Head of Fundraising
As a key strategic senior post, this position reports to the Head of Fundraising and will have responsibility for managing high value giving. Assistance will be provided by CE and administrative staff on a project basis.
For a Full Job Description - https://www.ageaction.ie/about-us/staff/vacancies/corporate-partnerships-philanthropy-manager
Skills and Abilities:
- Qualified to degree level or with equivalent experience. Post-Graduate qualification in fundraising, marketing, sales and/or similar is desirable.
- Comprehensive fundraising knowledge.
- Strong research skills and understanding of trends, legislation, and best practice.
- Understanding and significant track record of achievement with corporate fundraising, trust funding and/or high value individual giving.
- Strong commitment to Age Action’s vision, mission, and values.
- Empathy and understanding of ageing and the needs of people as they age.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and database software.
Significant (3-5 years plus) relevant fundraising experience including:
- Delivering successful fundraising strategies.
- Substantial and demonstrable in-depth experience of corporate partnerships, trusts, high-value individual supporters and supporter solicitation, engagement, retention, and care.
- A proven track record in meeting and managing challenging income targets.
- Proven experience of financial management and managing budgets.
- Experience of strong motivational management and inspiring stakeholders for a cause.
- Experience of briefing and inspiring the support of senior volunteer networks, advisers, and other senior managers to influence giving.
- Experience of producing professional fundraising and marketing materials.
- Target focused and results driven with an ambition to drive targets and exceed expectations.
- Persuasive, articulate, and consistent oral and written skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- Well organized, analytical, methodical with a high degree of accuracy and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to provide positive outcomes in a target focused, values-driven organisation.
- Ability to work well and remain calm under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Ability to build constructive relationships with a broad range of internal/external stakeholders.
- Full valid driving license and access to car to carry out full duties of the role essential.
- Eligibility to work in Ireland.
This is a broad role and the successful candidate will have a wide variety of technical fundraising, communication, strategic and leadership skills.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract, with a possibility to extend.
Salary: Salary range €45,000- €50,000 DOE
Applications: Applications by letter outlining your suitability for the post (maximum 300 words), quoting reference CPPM20 with CV and details of two referees in Word format by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Wednesday 15th July 2020.
Referees will not be contacted without prior notification.
Informal enquiries are welcome to Caroline O’Connell on 01 4756989 or email@example.com
Age Action is opposed to discrimination and the best candidate will be appointed regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, or other grounds.