Cultúr Migrants Centre: Community Officers (Part Time) X2
Role Title: Community Officer Louth and Community Officer Meath
Contract: Part-time (subject to probationary period)
Reporting to: Cultúr Programme Manager
Based: Navan – Head Office in County Meath and County Louth - locations as required (Dundalk, Ardee,)
Salary: Salary scale ranges from €35,000 - €40,000 pro rata
The Community Officer will play a key role in implementing the Cultúr Migrant Centre Be Safe in Your Space Project as part of community Safety Innovative Programme. The core aims of this project are: to improve relations and build trust between An Garda Síochana and migrant communities; to raise the migrant communities’ awareness of rights, laws, and cultural norms in Ireland; to enhance the skills of migrant parents to deal with antisocial behaviour in their children; and to create a robust community strategy to sustainably progress these issues by engaging migrants and Gardaí working in community, drug traffic and detective units.
The Community Officer will work with the Cultúr Programme Manager in the development, implementation, delivery, and communication of the project.
Overall Project Design and Delivery
- Contributing to the final design of the project and the development of a plan for its implementation, including consulting with local migrant communities and An Garda Síochana
- Promotion of the project through traditional and social media and through local and national liaison activities with relevant organisations
- Monitoring and evaluating the project’s objectives and identifying the project’s impact.
- Preparing monthly reports for the Programme Manager, the Cultúr Board and the Project Management Team
- Participating in Cultúr team meetings and regular performance management meetings with the Programme Manager
- A big part of this role will be to manage and grow our digital reach and be able to communicate complex information to a wide range of different audiences, across multiple channels-website, social media, newsletter etc
- Undertaking such other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
Activities Design and Delivery
- Coordinating the project through outreach and working with the designated communities and supporting them to engage in Community Safety Activities locally
- Delivering training workshops to An Garda Síochana and the target communities
- Establishing and resourcing Support Groups for migrant parents struggling with anti-social behaviour from their children
- Designing, organising, and facilitating roundtable meetings of stakeholders in the project with a view to identifying local services needs and gaps
- Developing policy and strategic actions for local implementation arising from these roundtable meetings
- Organising Community Safety campaign events in Louth and Meath in partnership with local safety officers, gardaí, and fire officers
Skills and Experience:
- A relevant third level degree or equivalent third level qualification
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with diverse groups in a community development setting
- Have a good working knowledge of the mainstream model of integration and the policies which govern Ireland’s International Protection System, Irish Refugee Protection Programme, and Temporary Protection Programme
- Community development skills and experience, including the design and facilitation of training and consultation events
- Experience of working in projects involving a variety of stakeholders, including young people with activity and reporting schedules
- Communication, presentation, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral, written and digital communications skills
- Experience of partnership working, with demonstrable ability to build strategic alliances to support achievement of tasks and goals.
- Hold a current full driver’s licence would be an advantage.
The role offers the following benefits:
- You will work 17.5 hours per week, operating on daytime office hours Monday to Friday (time in lieu granted for evening/weekend as required).
- Contract of Employment to the end of June 2025, subject to funding and the successful completion of a 6-month probation period.
- You will be eligible for pension scheme (5% employer contribution) after 6 months service.
Applications by cover letter and Application Form to: Tinu Achioya, email@example.com
Closing date: 8/12/2023
Cultúr is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
Cultúr’s Be Safe in Your Space Project is funded by the Department of Justice