Yana Domestic Violence Project: Domestic Violence Support Worker
Background to the Organisation:
Yana Domestic Violence Project are advertising for a six month Support Worker position based in our Mallow office and covering the North Cork area. Yana have been operating a domestic violence support service in North Cork for over 18 years. We provide support by telephone, face to face appointments, outreach, accompaniments and Safehouses for clients leaving abusive relationships.
Title: Domestic Violence Support Worker
Reporting to: Project Co-ordinator
Contract: 21 hours per week
Hours: 9am – 5pm on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Salary: €18 per hour
Closing Date: End of the day on Sunday 1st October
The post will be offered subject to receipt of satisfactory Garda vetting and references from current employer or similar.
- To offer a confidential listening, support and information service to women accessing the Project.
- To work with clients on a one to one basis to offer support and advocacy.
- To make referrals or support clients in making self-referrals as necessary.
- To advocate for clients with external agencies when appropriate and by agreement.
- To carry out needs assessments, risk assessments and develop safety plans/ support plans to address these needs.
- To provide support to clients around housing issues, if appropriate.
- To ensure that the confidential nature of the service is strictly maintained.
- To network with local voluntary and community groups to represent the Project.
- To maintain quantitative and qualitative records according to agreed systems and protocols.
- To produce reports and other documents as required.
- To keep informed of developments in the area of domestic violence including new methods of work, changes in policy, legalisation, additional supports etc.
- To adhere to YANA Domestic Violence Project CLG and Tusla policies on child protection.
All candidates should forward a detailed Cover letter and CV with subject 'Domestic Violence Support Worker' should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day on Sunday 1st October 2023.