In Sync Youth & Family Services: FAIM Project Worker
In Sync Youth & Family Services
FAIM Project Worker (F/T)
In Sync Youth & Family Services (formerly Kildare Youth Services) supports young people, children and families in Co. Kildare & West Wicklow to enable them to live a full and active life within their communities and society.
The FAIM Project (Family Assessment & Intervention Model) is a differential response type model. It is an initiative developed by In Sync Youth & Family Services and Tusla, the Child and Family Agency in Kildare/West Wicklow. It aims to ensure child welfare concerns are addressed as quickly as possible and to provide children and families with an assessment of need and a brief intervention based on their needs. We are now recruiting a Project Worker to join this experienced team.
The successful candidate must demonstrate that they have:
- A recognised third level qualification in one of the following:
- Social Work
- Social Care
- Youth / Community Work
- Early Childhood Care & Education
- or a related discipline e.g. Nursing, Psychology, and Early Years Education etc.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with young people, children and families in a paid capacity.
- Experience of formally assessing the needs of children and families who are at risk.
- Experience of planning and implementing brief interventions/supports in partnership with children and families.
- Experience of preparing clear needs-led reports on children and families.
- A working knowledge of Children First and of the Children Act 2001 (Revised March 2013).
In Sync Youth & Family Services will employ the successful candidate on a 12 month fixed-term contract renewable depending on funding, including a 6 month probationary period.
In Sync is an organisation that supports employees in a variety of ways i.e. family friendly policies, flexible working arrangements, blended working; generous annual leave allowance; paid maternity leave; internal support & supervision; pension contributions (post-probation) and, support for continuous professional development etc.
Closing date for applications is 1pm on Friday 21st April 2023. Interviews are scheduled for Thursday May 4th 2023. In Sync Youth & Family Services may panel from this recruitment process for future vacancies.
For job description, person specification and application form contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications by In Sync electronic application form only to: Aoife Mangan, FAIM Coordinator on email@example.com Applications must contain details of three referees (including your current or most recent employer).