Society of Saint Vincent de Paul: AIM Classroom Assistant
AIM Classroom Assistant
Reference No: VA136
Location: Ozanam House, Dublin 1
Duration: Fixed Term – until 27/06/2023
Hours: 15-hours per week
Published: Thursday 16th March 2023
Closing Date: 4pm Thursday 30th March 2023
The AIM Classroom Assistant will work directly with an identified child/children in the Free Pre-school year (ECCE) classroom. Their role will promote inclusive practice, offering the child/children an opportunity to participate fully in pre-school. The AIM assistant will support the child’s access and inclusion into daily activities and routines while also encouraging group participation. Intense 1:1 support may be required to promote positive peer interactions and to support the child in daily self-care such as changing, toileting, eating, washing hands. The overall goal is to support them in their educational, social and emotional development for the duration of their time in our pre-school service, promoting independence and preparing the child/children for the transition into the next stage of their education.
This is a great opportunity to join one of Ireland’s largest voluntary organisations and make a difference in your community.
Why work with SVP?
All SVP Benefits are subject to the prevailing policy and associated length of service requirements
- 23 days annual leave for all staff; Additional day’s leave at 5, 10, 15 & 20 years, with a cap of 27 annual leave days
- Pension: 5% employer and employee contribution with an option to increase to 7% on a matching basis
- 2 discretionary days (Good Friday & Christmas Eve)
- Group discount for Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF)
- Paid Sick Leave: Sick Pay following 13 weeks, with entitlement increasing with length of service (Subject to terms of policy)
- Education Support for job relevant courses (Subject to terms of policy)
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave (18 weeks full maternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service & 2 weeks full paternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance – four times annual salary
- Life Appreciation Recognition: Additional one-off 5 days annual leave allocated in year that 25-, 30-, 35- & 40-years’ service achieved, plus €250 voucher
- Christmas Voucher: €250 voucher for all staff (Subject to terms of policy)
- Retirement: Staff with 10+ years’ service will receive a €250 voucher on retirement
- Hybrid/Flexible Working Available: SVP support and embrace Flexible Working, including working from home, in line with the SVP Flexible Working Policy (Where appropriate and subject to role requirements and policy)
- SVP Experience Day: Up to one discretionary day per year to experience a different aspect of the work of SVP (Subject to conditions)
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- A Minimum QQI Level 5 in Early Childhood Care & Education is essential.
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience of working directly with pre-school children in an early years setting is essential.
- Good knowledge of underlying principles in early years education including Aistear and Siolta
- Experience of working with this age group in a similar setting
- Experience of working in the community or voluntary sector is an advantage
- Candidates must also have lots of initiative, enthusiasm and an interest in supporting and empowering young children and their families.
- Being able to demonstrate excellent organisational, communication, interpersonal and listening skills
- Good ability to work on his/her own initiative and as a team member.
SVP is a large, national, voluntary organisation with extensive experience of working with a diverse range of people who experience poverty and exclusion. Through its network of over 12,000 volunteers and 700 staff, it is strongly committed to working for social justice and advocates the creation of a more just and caring society. SVP employs people to support volunteers in a variety of settings including housing, community care, shops, administration and other specialist areas
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please complete the online application.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer