Coolmine Therapeutic Community: Early Years Relief Worker (Student Vacancy)
Job Title: Early Years Relief Worker (Student Vacancy)
Location: Ashleigh House, Damastown Walk, Dublin 15
Reports to: Childcare Team Leader
Hours: 0-20 hours per week (Flexible)
Job Type: Part time (6 Months Fixed Term Contract, but could be extended subject to funding)
Salary: 14.21 per hour
Purpose: To work alongside our committed Early Years & Childcare professionals, to deliver a holistic child-centred program under the guidance of the National Quality Frameworks, Aistear and Síolta in line with Child Care Regulations (the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Application Ref. HR/DUB/ADM/EYRW/0123
Coolmine is a leading drug and alcohol treatment centre providing community, day and residential services to men and women and families with problematic substance use since 1973. Coolmine believes that everyone should have the opportunity to overcome addiction and lead a fulfilled and productive life.
Coolmine provides a residential addiction treatment service for women and their children. An integral part of the service is the onsite dedicated Early Years and Pre-school Service which is accessible to all parents participating in the programme. Mothers can feel safe in the knowledge that whilst they are engaging in our programme, their child is being looked after in a safe, secure, caring and nurturing environment. We are now seeking an Early Years Relief Worker to assist the childcare service where needed. The Early Years Relief Worker must be flexible to suit the service needs and adhere to all childcare policies while providing a quality service.
Requirements of Student Early Years Educators:
- Candidates must be willing to work with new-born babies and young children
- Candidates must hold a minimum of FETAC Level 5 (or recognised equivalent) in a childcare qualification. Recognised equivalent requires a ‘Letter of Eligibility to Practice’-This is obtained through applying for an ‘Assessment of Equivalence’. Accessed through contacting the Department of Education and the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth (DCEDIY).
- Candidates must provide 2 x written references and copy of qualification certificates at time of interview.
- Candidate details will be submitted for Garda Vetting.
- International Vetting required if candidate has lived outside of the jurisdiction for a period of 3 months or more.
Role Responsibilities: (Include, but not limited to)
- To follow the childcare policies, in line with the government guidance and statutory requirements. This also includes Coolmine policies and procedures.
- To support and assist in the provision of high-quality Early Years care and learning to children aged 0-6 years of age, in a therapeutic community setting.
- Provide the children with, reciprocal interactions with children.
- Support activities to benefit the child while delivering a play-based approach.
- Support children's holistic development.
- Contribute to the process of Observation & Documentation- Including learning stories and Conducting observations & learning stories for children.
- Build effective forms of Communication among team members
- Liaise with the parents, staff and the inter-agency team where possible. Delivering, a holistic approach that caters for the children accessing the Early Years Preschool & Baby-room.
- Engage with opportunities to upskill and access relevant training.
- Engage with Team Meetings and reflective practice.
- Perform other reasonable and relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- To be flexible and adaptable to suit the service needs when required.
- Practice and follow expected hygiene practices involving, good hand hygiene and using Personal Protective Equipment.
- Level 5 qualification in Early Years Education or higher.
- Professional certification in Children’s First, First Aid, Hand hygiene, putting on and taking off PPE equipment (or wiling to engage in online training seminars during recruitment process.)
- Enrolled on a course that is on the list of DCEDIY Early Years Recognised Qualifications at level 6, 7 or 8.
- Must have successfully completed at least the first year of the course.
- Must have successfully completed a practice placement in-person in an ELC service, previously.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Committed to meeting the needs of vulnerable children and parents.
- Integrity, honesty, confidentiality and builds trust with others.
- Ability to foster and nurture reciprocal interactions with children.
- Team player and with flexible approach
- Respect for the values and ethos of Coolmine
Interested candidates who meet the Person Specification requirements should send their cover letter, CV & Letter of Eligibility (where needed) to Karl Mooney at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote this application reference code HR/DUB/ADM/EYRW/0123
Closing Date: 10th February 2023.
Coolmine Therapeutic Community is an equal opportunities employer.