Don Bosco Care: Aftercare Workers
We are currently recruiting
Don Bosco care is seeking to recruit experienced and highly motivated Aftercare workers to join our team.
Don Bosco Care offers a quality working environment where young people come first; our therapeutic care model and our ethos are at the core of all of our work with children and young people.
Established in 1979, Don Bosco Care is one of the leading social care service providers in Ireland. Through our residential, aftercare and outreach services, we provide a range of high quality residential, aftercare and outreach support programmes.
Our model of care places the child or young person at the centre of our work allowing the child or young person and their family to actively participate in all planning, activities, decision-making, interventions and review processes.
The individual needs, rights and wishes of each child or young person are at the fulcrum of all of our interactions with them. The nurturing care and support which we offer is aimed to encourage the holistic development of the young person and is affected in a way that respects their dignity and individuality as persons.
Don Bosco Care is committed to offering young people a professional service that is based upon building positive relationships which lead to openness, trust and the creation of positive experiences. The approach to the work is therapeutic in the support we offer the child or young person and the challenges we place before them. It is aimed at bringing about the healing of negative experiences and trauma. The work is carried out with the child or young person in a spirit of participation, inclusion and consultation.
The Management and staff of Don Bosco Care strive to work in close partnership with the young people, their families, social workers and other professionals in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for the young people.
Key Requirements for the Role
- A qualification that will entitle the post holder to Social Care registration with a minimum of three years relevant experience is essential.
- Knowledge of rights and entitlements for aftercare leavers.
- A good understanding of addiction and the physical, mental and emotional side effects.
- Managing challenging behaviours.
- Crisis management prevention and intervention.
- Lone working experience.
- Experience of working with young people with complex needs.
- Applicants should have a Level 7 qualification in Social Care or a related discipline including: Applied Social Studies, Social Science, Youth and community Work, Psychology.
- This is a permanent position and requires the successful completion of a probationary period.
- Regular supervision and team support will be offered to the successful candidate.
- A full clean driving licence is desirable
- Salary of €29,993 and up to €44,306 depending on qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive in-house Training
- Continued professional development and support with further education and training
- Incremental Annual Leave for Length of Service
- Maternity benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Friendly, caring and positive working environment
- Sick pay
- Premium hours payment
- TaxSaver Commuter Ticket Scheme
Please forward a current CV with a cover letter outlining your motivation and suitability for this position to email@example.com
The position will be subject to Garda vetting and reference checking.
The information contained in applications for this role will remain private and confidential and will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and selection. Don Bosco care CLG will hold personal data in relation to successful applicants for administration purposes only. Processing will take place in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act. By submitting an application, you are giving consent for this information to be processed. Information relating to unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed as quickly as possible and no later than three months from date of receipt.
DON BOSCO CARE is an equal opportunities employer