Crosscare: Family Support Worker - Ballymun
Position Title: Youth Justice Worker – Family Support Worker - Ballymun
Crosscare is the social care agency of the Dublin Diocese and is a registered charity.
Crosscare delivers services with a servant leadership ethos. Crosscare’s Homeless Services operate a range of residential services targeting adults & families experiencing homelessness. The services aim to move people out of homelessness and into homes of their own.
Location: North Dublin
Work Schedule: 21 Hours per week
Reporting to: Family Support Team Leader.
The Role: To work intensively with a caseload of families who have family members engaging with Youth Diversion Projects in the Ballymun area of Dublin North.
- Engage with Youth Diversion Project participants families depending on the level of need and intensity of intervention required.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders who will identify particular families who will benefit most from the support of a Family Support Worker.
- Carry out needs based interventions which promote pro-social behavior and support the parents and young people involved to make positive life choices.
- Roll out evidence based parenting programmes relevant to the needs of families, e.g. Parents Plus; Strengthening Families; etc.
- Deliver issue based group and support sessions.
- Carry out home visits.
- Family Support Worker and Youth Justice Workers to meet regularly to discuss issues arising and explore or be familiarized with the responses/wrap around services being delivered to all family members.
- Assessment and development of case plan with the family in relation to the level and nature of support required.
- Producing bi monthly reports on project activity.
- Attending regular supervision/meetings with line manager.
- Sourcing and/or provision of courses and individual work to parents to develop their parenting and personal skills.
- Reporting child safeguarding concerns in line with Crosscare’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of the Health & Safety and Welfare at Work Act (1989) and other relevant legislation.
- Any other duties as directed by the line management.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times in line with policy.
- A recognised relevant third level qualification with a minimum of 2 years experience.
- A proven track record of family support work.
- An understanding/knowledge of Youth Diversion Projects and how they work.
- Some experience in training and/or facilitation is desirable.
- A working knowledge of computers.
- The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills are essential for this post
- A full driver’s license and access to own car is essential.
- Competitive salaries
- Generous annual leave
- Additional leave for long service
- Training and Development Programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital Doctor Service
- Competitive pension plan
- Bike to Work Scheme
In Crosscare, we approach our work with an attitude of service, showing love, care and kindness in all interactions with others. We treat people with a level of respect they will remember long after our service and support have been received. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our clients, young people and service users deserve it.
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter clearly stating which role you are applying for. Closing date for applications is December 2nd 2022.
Please click here to apply.
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role